Model has unknown elements popup when opening model

Started by niek T, September 07, 2017, 15:38:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

niek T

I've been contacted about an issue some of my users are having with opening certain models in archi.
The message they get is shown in the image I've attachted to this post.

I'm personally not sure what's causing this, some help would be much appreciated.

Kind regards,
Niek

Jean-Baptiste Sarrodie

Hi,

It seems that you (or your users) are using the CartographyTool associated with EIRA. This model might have been create with Archi 3.x (which at that tile supported the InterfaceType) and not or badly converted to Archi 4 (in which InterfaceType no more exist because it has been removed from ArchiMate 3.0).

It seems that you'll have to get in touch with EIRA's people.

Regards,

JB
If you value and use Archi, please consider making a donation!
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

Phil Beauvoir

Hi,

in addition to what JB says - it looks like you're opening an older Archi 3.x file (ArchiMate 2.1) in Archi 4 (ArchiMate 3). This is a warning that the "interfaceType" attribute of Interface elements is not used in ArchiMate 4 and will be discarded when you next save the file.

I agree that the warning looks serious, but if you are sure that you don't want to re-open the file in Archi 3.x you can ignore it. The next time you open it in Archi 4 it should be fine.

Phil
If you value and use Archi, please consider making a donation!
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.