ctrl-V strange behavior

Started by jmariani, October 16, 2017, 18:45:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmariani

Hi.

I'm having the following issue: When pasting text in the "name" property of an element, either in the navigation tree or in the properties panel, if the text contains accented characters; ctrl-v it doesn't work. "Paste" from the context menu, in the other hand, have no problem.

I'm using Archi 4.0.3 Build 201709061211, running on MacOS High Sierra 10.13.1 Beta (17B35a), with the version 0.2 of the Specialization plugin

Steps to reproduce:
1 - Copy the following text: Los RP tienen acceso a información básica sobre indicadores de 50 programas de forma rápida y oportuna
2 - Create a new element (assessment, for example
3 - ctrl-v the text.

Regards

Phil Beauvoir

Just tested on Sierrra and it works OK.

- Are you sure you should not use Command-V, not Ctrl-V?
- Can you test on Sierra?
- Did you change anything in key binds?
- Can you paste it in other apps?
- Is it a bug in  High Sierra 10.13.1 Beta (17B35a)?

I'm afraid I can't test it as I don't have a Mac with High Sierra.
If you value and use Archi, please consider making a donation!
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

jmariani

- Are you sure you should not use Command-V, not Ctrl-V? SURE, I'M USING COMMAND-V (CTRL-V MAC COUNTERPART)
- Can you test on Sierra? - I'LL TRY
- Did you change anything in key binds? NOPE
- Can you paste it in other apps? YES
- Is it a bug in  High Sierra 10.13.1 Beta (17B35a)? DON'T KNOW, LOOKS LIKE IT'S ONLY HAPPENING WITH ARCHI.

I'll try disabling the Specialization plugin

Phil Beauvoir

If Ctrl-V is working on text that contains no accented characters then it's probably not a key-binding issue, but something else. Need to narrow it down to see if it's something in High Sierra.
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

Phil Beauvoir

I installed a fresh copy of High Sierra 10.13 on a new partition and Command-V worked as expected in Archi 4.0.3.

- Maybe it's a bug in 10.13.1 Beta (17B35a)
- Maybe to do with language localisation?

(Off topic - I did notice that the Undo/Redo "slide" animation was not working in diagrams on High Sierra so the user experienced a small time delay instead, but that's another matter.)

Phil Beauvoir

jmariani

Phil Beauvoir

All of this will be fixed once the Eclipse back-port is released and/or Apple sort out 10.13.1 GM.