Default properties per element

Started by jvdongen17@gmail.com, January 08, 2018, 13:44:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jvdongen17@gmail.com

Hi,

Is there a way to put on an element default properties (as Owner, Version) so that when I use the elements these always exists.

Jurgen

Jean-Baptiste Sarrodie

Hi,

No, you can't do that for the moment.

I can see two workaround:

1/ Create a "template" element with needed properties and copy/paste it when needed. I usually create a view for such purpose and move it next to the model tree to have it always at hand. This is how I manage all my "stereotypes".

2/ Use Herve's form plugin. With the right setup you will be able to quickly create those properties with default values.

Regards,

JB
If you value and use Archi, please consider making a donation!
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

jvdongen17@gmail.com

Ok JB,

Thx for the tips.

Will see what we apply. Do you know if it is on the feature list?

KR,
Jurgen

Jean-Baptiste Sarrodie

Hi,

Quote from: jvdongen17@gmail.com on January 11, 2018, 13:08:59 PM
Do you know if it is on the feature list?

More or less (and more less than more...) : at some point we'll implement profiles and stereotypes and this is tightly linked.

Regards,

JB
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

rvaneerd

Hi,

Is there any news on a timeline for this request?
I'm looking for a way to set a default "Label Expression" for (some of) my elements.

Regards,
Rob.

Jean-Baptiste Sarrodie

Hi,

Quote from: rvaneerd on January 23, 2024, 12:40:53 PMIs there any news on a timeline for this request?
I'm looking for a way to set a default "Label Expression" for (some of) my elements.

No timeline, sorry. For the moment you'll have to rely on a script or a toolbox.

Regards,

JB