Password expiration management on collaboration plugin

Started by Jose-Carlos, January 17, 2018, 17:17:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jose-Carlos

Hi,

one more time: congratulations for your job, it's impressive!

I'm using Archi collaboration plugin to push models on a corporate Gitlab server. It's working file.

I have an issue regarding the password expiration of my credentials (based on Enterprise Directory / LDAPs):
  - if the password is stored locally, I'm no more able to publish my changes. The workaround is to delete credential file located on my workspace in the model directory and provide my new password when re-publishing
  - if the password is not stored, I am able to publish my changes but I'm not able to have the Change History up to date. If another person have changed the model, a conflict appears on source management

I'm using Archi 4.0.1 with collaboration plugin org.archicontribs.modelrepository_0.2.8.201709191142.jar.

My questions are:
  - does this plugin is compatible/tested with Gitlab?
  - will it be possible to raise a window to be able to type the new password in case of pwd expiration? Currently, I just have a messagebox "... not authorized"

Thanks a lot for your help.

Jean-Baptiste Sarrodie

Hi,

one more time: congratulations for your job, it's impressive!

Thank you !

- does this plugin is compatible/tested with Gitlab?

I personnally have tested it with:

• GitHub (public)

• BitBucket (public and enterprise)

• GitBlit

• Gitea / Gogs

I work with people that use :

• GitHub (enterprise)

• GitLab ;-)

- will it be possible to raise a window to be able to type the new password in case of pwd expiration? Currently, I just have a messagebox "... not authorized"

I have the same issue... and the same conclusion. We should re-ask for password when authentication failed.

- if the password is not stored, I am able to publish my changes but I'm not able to have the Change History up to date. If another person have changed the model, a conflict appears on source management

Even in this case, no conflict should appear (except of course if you really both changed the same concepts.

For information, when publishing, you in fact do you commit (if not done before), then pull changes on remote repository, then do a merge and last, push all this.

Regards,

JB
If you value and use Archi, please consider making a donation!
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.