do not draw connections over boxes

Started by kdwykleingeld, October 19, 2014, 14:14:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kdwykleingeld

Hi, one other requirement. Would it be possible to prevent the drawing of connections over/crossing the image of the boxes. Especially ff you "order" a box to be "in front" i would not like to see a connection to other boxes (that cross this box)  being drawn straight over this box when going right over/through/under  it.. imho it should not be visible in that box -- especially when you have a lot of connections in a view.. and you have lined out boxes it appears as if the boxes are split in the middle..

see sample attachement

thx koen 

Phil Beauvoir

Connections are drawn on a connection "layer". This connection layer is higher than the other layers, so draws lines on top of. Best practice is not to allow connections to pass over or under a node.
If you value and use Archi, please consider making a donation!
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

kdwykleingeld

hi thx, what is against turning this around ? maybe optionally

kdwykleingeld

Hi, is this easily possible ? to draw a box over a line i.s.o. the other way around ?

Phil Beauvoir

There is a problem with GEF in that you can set the order of the layers so that the connection layer is behind the object (primary) layer, but the content of the primary layer is opaque and covers the entire layer. This means that connections won't be visible if you have objects and connections inside of another object (nested).

See http://www.eclipsezone.com/eclipse/forums/t46179.html

And they are correct because I tried it.
If you value and use Archi, please consider making a donation!
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.