Add Multiple Properties - Small Regression?

Started by johmut, January 19, 2024, 07:29:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johmut

Hi Fellows,

We are using Properties intensively as classifiers for elements.

When adding elements, we used to open up the 'Add Multiple Properties' dialog, and instead of placing individual checkmarks in each of the Properties to be added, a convenient time saver was to click (not in the checkbox, but on the property line) to select the first Property, hold down <SHIFT> and click to select the last Property. This resulted in a list of selected (blue background) properties. Using the <SPACEBAR> it was very fast to also put a checkmark in the checkbox, so that when clicking <OK> all the selected properties were added to the element...
As of Archi 5.2.0, this is no longer working? Nor <CTRL> to select multiple, nor <SHIFT> to select a range of Properties is working. Only single Properties can be selected and checkmarks need to be checked one-by-one.

Is this behavior by design or is it perhaps a small regression?

Kind Regards,
JohMut

Phil Beauvoir

Yes, I see the problem. I changed the table to a "virtual" table to handle potentially many properties and this kind of selection is not possible. I think because of the use case you describe I will restore the old behaviour for the next version. Thanks for the feedback.
If you value and use Archi, please consider making a donation!
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

johmut

Thanks Phil, you are most welcome.
Do you think it will still make the 5.2.1 release?

Phil Beauvoir

Quote from: johmut on January 25, 2024, 07:43:28 AMThanks Phil, you are most welcome.
Do you think it will still make the 5.2.1 release?

Yes, it will be in the next release. Not sure when that will be. Note that the table selection behaviour described in the first post is Windows only, not Mac.
If you value and use Archi, please consider making a donation!
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.