Empty properties

Started by Marbi, November 02, 2023, 15:32:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marbi

Hello,
I am currently testing version 5.2, and I would like to express my gratitude for the feature that allows me to assign properties to multiple elements at once. However, I have noticed some strange behavior when using this functionality. It seems that the element is given the same property twice, but one entry is with an expected value and the other one is left empty.

To fix this issue, I decided to export the model to CSV and remove all the rows with blank property values from the properties.csv file. Then, I imported the corrected CSVs back into the model. Although the import process was successful, I realized that the  properties with an empty values were still in the model.

I am not sure what I am doing wrong. Could you please guide me on how to resolve this problem?

Regards,
Marek

Phil Beauvoir

Hi, can you provide steps to reproduce this?

I know of one case where this can happen:

1. Select two or more objects
2. Add a Property with "Key1", "Value1"
3. Add another Property with "Key1", "Value2"

Result is:

"Key1", "Value2"
"Key1", (blank)

This happens because when there are Properties with the same name it matches the first instance of the Property. So when you enter the second Property it matches on the first instance of "Key1", adds the "Value2" to that one and the new one is blank. Workaround is to not add properties with the same name in multi-select.
If you value and use Archi, please consider making a donation!
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

Marbi

Hi Phil,
Thank you very much for your guidance.
Regards,
Marek