Help with blurry interface?

Started by chriswarbs, January 15, 2019, 09:22:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chriswarbs

Hello All,

Not sure whether to raise this as a bug/issue, happy to do that if it helps, but if anyone's got a workaround it'd be great.

On windows 10, when I drag archi from my laptop display to an external display, the UI becomes blurry. This is most common after I've been working on my laptop undocked, hibernated, then docked and unhibernated. If I quit and restart archi on the external display there's no blurring, so I'm happy each display is ok.

My laptop display is 3000x2000, and the two external displays (via USB-C dock) are 1920x1080.

I've done a bit of research and know there are other applications that have the same issue, I've had this problem with other applications in the past (chrome, outlook) but as they've updated themselves, it's gone away. I know there are "compatibility" settings in W10 too, but I've yet to find a combination that works effectively for archi.

I know this isn't core archi, but anyone got any ideas?

cheers

Chris

Phil Beauvoir

Hi Chris, I can't help with this as I don't have such a setup. It would interesting to know if Eclipse itself or any other Eclipse-based app did the same.
If you value and use Archi, please consider making a donation!
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

chriswarbs

Thanks for the prompt reply.

From what I've read I'm pretty sure this is a feature of eclipse.

I don't use any other eclipse based tools, but happy to find one to test against.

Which version of eclipse does archi use?

cheers

Chris

Phil Beauvoir

Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

chriswarbs

Thanks for the advice.

Just as a follow up in case anyone else has this issue.

Current workaround/fix is to modify the "high DPI settings" via Windows 10 compatibility properties on the Archi executable.

Find the archi.exe, right click select properties.
Select the Compatibility tab
Select "Change high DPI settings"
Select "Override high DPI scaling behaviour" check box and choose the "System" option.

Chris

Phil Beauvoir