[Share] Modeling 3 categories information entities

Started by Xiaoqi, March 20, 2021, 18:09:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xiaoqi

Hi all,

Within our current repository, recently we'd like to make some modeling view to show 3 aspects together, which is Country (Market) - Product - Business Area, source date in highlevel veiw as below sample:

CountryProductBusiness Area
Country1Product1Business Area1
Country1Product1Business Area2
Country1Product2Business Area3

There're many Countries, several products and mapping with different Business Areas.

I've tried to find normal relationships among them but not able to show unique record into the model.

Then, learnt from some articles, that we can build up relation over relation, which gave me some hints, then I'm modeling as below steps:

1. First build the Product Domain, compose with "Product1", "Product2" and "Product3"
2. Secondly build up product mapping with country, using Serving relationship from Product to Country, as [Product] – (Serving, 0..n) --> [Country]
3. Then build up the Association to Business Area on the above Serving relationship, that can make three parties join in the analysis view.

This is first actual modeling that I'm using Relation over Relation, which looks quite fitting the needs so far.

Will keep learn more, and welcome to your comment.

See attached as the sample view.

Regards,
Xiaoqi

Jean-Baptiste Sarrodie

Hi,

This Archi forum is mostly intended for tool related questions. For everything related to ArchiMate language itself, you'd better post you questions or call for comments to the ArchiMate User Community.

You'll find more information (overall description of the community and its discussion board) here: http://archimate-user-community.pages.community.opengroup.org/#!discussion-board.md

Regards,

JB
If you value and use Archi, please consider making a donation!
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

Xiaoqi

Hi JB, thanks for your information.

Regards,
Xiaoqi