How to include the Documentation field in a Jasper Report

Started by michielper, April 24, 2017, 13:07:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

michielper

How can I include the Documentation part of elements in my Jasper Report?
Preferably such that Documentation of elements is placed under the diagram where the element appears. Currently there is only a list of element types and names.

I was not able to find this information in the Archi Manual.

I am using version 4

Thanks!

Phil Beauvoir

Hi, I just tested this - I can see the Documentation in Jasper Reports. Can you post an example?
If you value and use Archi, please consider making a donation!
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

mdvadim

It's interesting. What does michielper mean Documentation?

Phil Beauvoir

The Jasper template would need to be edited to support this.
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

mdvadim

Yes, Phil, you are speaking about activities. And I've asked what kind Documentation michielper would like to place in Jasper report? If I understood his post correctly...

Jean-Baptiste Sarrodie

Hi,

If I understand well, the question is about including documentation of elements that are part of a view. This can be done using the Customizable Report (which is the default) and by adding (on each views) a property named "Report:View:Detailed" with the value "true".

Regards,

JB

johmut

Is there a way to keep the documentation text from being merged into a single paragraph in the Jasper report?
We use different lines in the documentation property of an element Archi to at least have the most basic formatting and keep different sections/paragraphs apart. In the Jasper report, the <CR><NL>'s do not survive.

Phil Beauvoir

Quote from: johmut on August 20, 2022, 09:56:06 AMIs there a way to keep the documentation text from being merged into a single paragraph in the Jasper report?
We use different lines in the documentation property of an element Archi to at least have the most basic formatting and keep different sections/paragraphs apart. In the Jasper report, the <CR><NL>'s do not survive.

Thanks for letting me know. This is a regression introduced in Archi 4.9.2. I am going to revert this change for Archi 4.10.

In the meantime you could edit the file Archi\plugins\com.archimatetool.jasperreports_4.9.3.202203221030\reports\Customizable Report\style.jrtx and remove two instances of:

markup="html"

See https://github.com/archimatetool/archi/issues/863