A new plugin for collaborative work in Archi

Started by Jean-Baptiste Sarrodie, May 19, 2017, 21:36:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rheward

This may be a dumb questions to those more familiar with git. I'm struggling to create my first git repository using this plugin - I'm not sure two options I have available are clearly explained?

I have an empty repository area on a git. I have a local model on my PC. The wiki instructions suggest to click the Collaboration tab green plus 'Import Remote Model to Workspace". The form even says "Add Remote Model". This doesn't feel right.

However, I've noticed by selecting the top level Model, then right-click Collaboration -> "Add Local Model to Workspace and Publish". The form says "Add Model Repository". This feels like the first thing I should do.

Either way (not for you to solve..), I'm having problems with my local proxy servers.

Phil Beauvoir

I think we need a clearer "Getting Started" Guide.

The Green plus icon assumes that an existing or blank git repo exists online somewhere an this will pull it from the repo to a local model. "Add Local Model to Workspace and Publish" will take an existing model and push it to a new repo (if the online service supports that.)
If you value and use Archi, please consider making a donation!
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

archimnt

Hello,

Great plug-in, that would be usefull to our architects team!

We're using GitLab CE, https (over LDAP) identification process. When trying to add local model to workspace (right-click on model, Collaboration sub-menu...), and validating URL / User / Password, I have an error message claiming that

There was an error: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException;: unable to find valid certification path to request target

Note that I have the same message if I provide only URL (with no user nor password)...

Any idea ?

PS: I'm not a security/java expert!!

Jean-Baptiste Sarrodie

Hi,

Your issue seems related to certificate management. I suppose your GitLab server use a self-signed certificate (potentially from your own PKI). In this case the certificate has to be added manually to the cacert file included in the JVM used by Archi (usually the one installed in the Archi folder).

A google search on "add certificate java cacert" could certainly help.

Regards,

JB
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

Phil Beauvoir

Can this be managed some other way? Perhaps by code installing certificates?

Jean-Baptiste Sarrodie

Hi,

Quote from: Phil Beauvoir on November 09, 2017, 16:49:39 PM
Can this be managed some other way? Perhaps by code installing certificates?

Yes, I guess we could create a specific keystore instead of (or in addition to) the defult cacert of the JVM, and just use code to add needed certificates (see code examples here and here).

JB