Recent posts

General Archi Discussion / Re: Markdown in Documentation?
Last post by Alberto - March 08, 2024, 14:38:02 PM
Good to know. There seems to be an standing question whether it is supported by the Exchange format. Since MD is just text, this shouldn't be an issue, right?
Hi,

Quote from: Azix on March 04, 2024, 16:46:55 PMSo, i would like to create firewall flow rules from an Archimate map. And then thanks to the Achimate csv I will automate the creation of flow matrix (like the attached excel) and the creation of rules directly on the firewall.

That's easy but requires some jArchi scripts.

The best approach is very similar to one of your proposals:
- Use one "Node" (could also be "Device" but most of the time, "Node" is more generic and good-enough) per object (individual server, workstation, network equipment...). Keep track of object's IP in a property named "IP Address". If an object has multiple IP, then create multiple "IP Address" properties on the same node, one for each IP (in Archi the property's name does not have to be unique).
- If you also want to manage IPs ranges, then create "Communication Networks", and again, keep track of the network address in a property named "IP Network".
- Create resources groups using "Grouping" elements which aggregates "Nodes" and/or "Communication Networks". Create one or several views for this specific purpose.
- Model your network architecture with flows to/from "Nodes", "Communication Networks", and "Groupings". No need to add Groupings' content on each view (unless it is needed for people to better understand the context).
- Create a script which takes selected views as input and iterate on all flow relationships contained into these views. When the source or target of a flow is a Grouping, then navigate the model (not the views) to get the list of Nodes and Communication Network. Last, using the properties, generate the expected export file (start by exporting CSV-formatted text on the console, and when ok, use some javascript XLS library to generate a real XLS file).

Regards,

JB
General Archi Discussion / Re: Markdown in Documentation?
Last post by Phil Beauvoir - March 07, 2024, 21:46:08 PM
Hi, yes it's along-standing request. The problem is rendering it in so many different places - Jasper, HTML reports, etc. and  if documentation is referenced in a label expression...

See https://github.com/archimatetool/archi/issues/1032

General Archi Discussion / Markdown in Documentation?
Last post by Alberto - March 07, 2024, 21:40:09 PM
I believe I've seen this request before, but not sure where it stands.

Is it possible to add support for Markdown within an element's Documentation panel?  It seems that Jasper and HTML export supports Markdown, so wondering if this will eventually make its way into Archi client itself.
jArchi / Re: script for relationships b...
Last post by Phil Beauvoir - March 07, 2024, 10:04:13 AM
Hi, putting this in general jArchi scripting terms, it's certainly possible to write a script that (a) creates relationships between concepts and (b) move (nest) visual objects into other objects. Did you already try to develop a script?
jArchi / script for relationships betwe...
Last post by Tibo12 - March 07, 2024, 08:52:36 AM
Hello everyone,

I have a question : is it possible to script relationships between business objects and processes, the processes being nested into other processes. That would be to avoid putting the relationships one by one between the inputs/outputs and the processes that are "above" the nested process.

Let me give an example :
Business object Flour "reads" process 1.1.1 baking bread that "writes" bread.
Baking bread is nested into process 1.1 making a sandwich, itself nested into process 1 making dish of the day.

Instead of accessing manually the flour input and the bread input with the processes 1.1 and 1, would it be possible to script automatically these access relationships ?

Thank you in advance for your answer.

Thibault
General Archi Discussion / Re: A database of property obj...
Last post by Phil Beauvoir - March 06, 2024, 12:23:08 PM
Hi, I have to admit I don't understand what you're trying to do with Properties. There's nothing special about them, they're simply name/value pairs for each object, there's no hierarchy.

Phil
General Archi Discussion / Re: Export File does not show ...
Last post by Gemini - March 05, 2024, 20:16:23 PM
It works with Arial.
Last post by Phil Beauvoir - March 05, 2024, 20:07:32 PM
It would be best to use a more common font.
Last post by Gemini - March 05, 2024, 20:04:19 PM
I cannot change the Archi version because it is installed in my corporate laptop, but i will test it by changing font.