List of organizations known to use Archi

Started by Jean-Baptiste Sarrodie, March 24, 2016, 15:49:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phil Beauvoir

QuoteI wanted to add Ordnance Survey to the list of organisations using Archi.
As a Solution Architect I have been using Archi to model the part of the business I am working in, and a few others have been doing the same. It is so much easier to use than Sparx, which I just don't have the time to learn to use!

Recently I have been creating data models in Archi, which ArchiMate isn't that good for, but it is better than nothing.

I love that I can publish to HTML and my coworkers can then access views and the model easily (we push to a git repo, using the collab plugin, which then automatically publishes to an Azure site).

People are loving my ArchiMate views in e.g. presentations, rather than Visio diagrams (we all know these don't get updated).

Thank you all, and I'm looking forward to contributing in some way.

Thanks for the positive feedback, Jacqui!

Phil
If you value and use Archi, please consider making a donation!
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

smileham

Let's add the Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (RSPCA) to the list of organisations using Archi.

I've been supporting Enterprise Architecture at the RSPCA for some time now, using Archi to maintain an Architecture Repository to deliver ArchiMate models/designs for both large scale Enterprise projects/programmes, but also smaller "Business as Usual" demand.

We have a small team of three architects (Enterprise, Solution and Data) all using Archi to model our solutions in a shared repository synchronised using coArchi, with a dash of jArchi for automation.

A huge thankyou to the Archi development team!

Phil Beauvoir

Thanks Steven, the RSPCA is a great cause!

Phil
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

nair

I used Archi at GSK. I was engaged at GSK as a consultant. I noticed that GSK has Archi available for anyone to install through their internal Software Center.

sianvanes

At CGI we have a number of tools, Archi and Sparx are the tools most commonly used for architecture with a few clients opting to go for BiZZdesign etc.
My preference, and often a client preference is Archi because it is aesthetically more pleasing to the eye, easier to read and navigate.
Personally, I opted to be a Patron because it's only fair to support your work. I've been really pleased with the tools for publishing in different formats, to make it easier for non-architects to read documentation.
Sian van Es | CGI | Enterprise Architect | [#149]
M: +44 7827902770  |  s.van.es@cgi.com | www.cgi.com | www.cgi-group.co.uk

Phil Beauvoir

Quote from: sianvanes on March 15, 2023, 14:23:03 PMAt CGI we have a number of tools, Archi and Sparx are the tools most commonly used for architecture with a few clients opting to go for BiZZdesign etc.
My preference, and often a client preference is Archi because it is aesthetically more pleasing to the eye, easier to read and navigate.
Personally, I opted to be a Patron because it's only fair to support your work. I've been really pleased with the tools for publishing in different formats, to make it easier for non-architects to read documentation.

Hi Sian, thanks for your kind words and support!

Regards,

Phil

Jean Christophe

Hello,

I'm currently working with the french ministry of defence as an enterprise architect.
The use of Archi is promoted in the IT department of the ministry.
I discovered Archi a few month ago and I find this tool very simple and intuitive

Phil Beauvoir

Quote from: Jean Christophe on June 09, 2023, 16:15:52 PMHello,

I'm currently working with the french ministry of defence as an enterprise architect.
The use of Archi is promoted in the IT department of the ministry.
I discovered Archi a few month ago and I find this tool very simple and intuitive

Hi, welcome to the forums and thanks for your feedback!

Phil

danisman

Quote from: sianvanes on March 15, 2023, 14:23:03 PMAt CGI we have a number of tools, Archi and Sparx are the tools most commonly used for architecture with a few clients opting to go for BiZZdesign etc.

When I was in CGI, I used to use Archi all the time, before being forced into some other monstrosity!

danisman

Myself and the Head of Architecture used it for a large UK Ministry of Defence project we were delivering from 2020 to 2022 (when I left Sopra Steria) .. I then moved the model to BiZZdesign .. but boy oh boy, was that GUI and UX a hot mess. Would rather have stayed on Archi but the client wanted it.  :-[   Beugh.
I now use Archi in AstraZeneca and am an ambassador there .. fighting off BiZZdesign, Lean.IX and (guess what) Microsoft Access. We will move to a SaaS platform one day I'm sure, but Archi gets us value very very quickly.

romuald

As the only EA in my company (Aréas Assurance, French Insurance), I chose to Archimate for the Architecture Description of the company from Capacities to server...

nemethy

+1,5
I do work as external advisor (now in architect role) for OTP Bank Hungary, for a project wo extensively use Archi.
Since for development I use ChatGpt as well, which is not allowed there also my small advisor company uses it.
(Némethy Moderato Kft.)

Alexis_H

Hi,

We, at 'My Money Group' - a French banking group, despite its name ;) - are using Archimate and Archi as our standard architect's toolbox.

Thanks to coArchi, Gitlab CI/CD integration and a growing number of jArchi scripts, we are beginning our journey towards an open-source-based EA repository.

Archi : a great tool + a great community around!

Cheers,
Alexis

rvaneerd

Hi,

Like in many other organizations, our organization "Qander Consumer Finance" was using PowerPoint for their Architectural needs.
Qander Consumer Finance is a Dutch financial company providing personal loans to our customers.

Since my appointment as Functional / Software Architect I aimed for standardization and as I was already somewhat familiar with ArchiMate® / ArchiMateTool, I chose to follow this path.

As I'm not a fulltime architect, I'm not using ArchiMateTool on a day to day basis but I'm slowly getting there.

Regards,
Rob van Eerd

merty

Hi there,

Forgot to post here from the beginning, but around 40 IT architects - and our IT infrastructure suppliers - at the Dutch Railways (In dutch:"Nederlandse Spoorwegen", NS for short)  uses Archi together with coArchi and Bitbucket as tools mostly to model the Application and Technology layers of our IT environments. We like the flexibility, simplicity, maturity, ease-of-use and neat features as scripting of the Archi tool (ok, and low cost and easy to install also counts). We hope to give back our experience to this community to improve it even more..

Regards,

Remco