Snippet Creation

Started by Gemini, January 24, 2024, 18:24:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gemini

Hello,
When I try to create a new Archi script, I don't see the script file created after entering its name in the script manager tree.
I would appreciate it if you could help me to find cause of the issue.

Phil Beauvoir

Hi, it will be in the Scripts Manager window tree.
If you value and use Archi, please consider making a donation!
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

Gemini

But, I don't see it there.

To which folder are the newly crated scripts saved ?

I use corporate laptop.

This might be because of file/folder access permissions?

Phil Beauvoir

By default, they'll be saved in <userhome>/Documents/Archi/scripts.
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

Gemini

I haven't changed the default settings and the new file is not created in the folder and not shown in the Scripts Manager folder tree. Also, after entering the name of the file, Archi does not give any warning or error messages.

Phil Beauvoir

I don't know why that would be unless it's a permissions problem.

Gemini

To be honest, the New jArchi Script mechanism is not well-designed, as the user should be prompted for the location and file name in a dialog box before writing the file.
Also, when I create a new *.ajs file in the default script folder, it appears in the Scripts Manager Tree folder. Thus, it does not appear to be due to read/write access permissions.

Phil Beauvoir

Scripts are saved by default in the folder as specified in preferences (or a folder selected in the Scripts Manager) so that they can maintain relative paths when one script references another. This is by design. In the several years that jArchi has been available this has not been a problem for other users.