Object fill gradient not supported in jArchi

Started by Manj75, August 23, 2021, 16:04:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Manj75

I could not find any way to specify the fill gradient in jArchi.  There is the object.fillColor() method but that just fills  a solid color and I want to be able to fill using None|Top|Left|Right|Bottom.

I'm using jArchi v1.1.0 and the changelog for v1.1.1 also does not specify and fillGradient() - can this be supported please?

rchevallier

Same question here, seems it is not implemented yet

Phil Beauvoir

This and other missing features not yet implemented in jArchi will be added eventually. Every existing feature that is in Archi itself has to be exposed in jArchi via wrapper functions, unit tests added, documented etc. Some features need to be completely refactored in order to expose them to jArchi. All of this takes a lot of time. The next time I work on jArchi, I'll take a look at this one. You are currently caller number one thousand two hundred and thirty five in the queue...
If you value and use Archi, please consider making a donation!
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

Manj75

Phil - what is the best way to determine if a feature has been requested? Is there an easy way to search the roadmap of feature requests or is it a case of searching the GH issues log? It's no good to be caller 1235 in the queue for any issue as this can be detracting. I understand the dev cycle of exposing functionality to an API and appreciate that it takes time and effort to get there.

Phil Beauvoir

Quote from: Manj75 on August 26, 2021, 09:26:36 AM
Phil - what is the best way to determine if a feature has been requested? Is there an easy way to search the roadmap of feature requests or is it a case of searching the GH issues log? It's no good to be caller 1235 in the queue for any issue as this can be detracting. I understand the dev cycle of exposing functionality to an API and appreciate that it takes time and effort to get there.

As you say, search the GH issues tracker for open and closed issues and feature requests.

We have an established process in place for feature requests:

https://www.archimatetool.com/governance/#process
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

Phil Beauvoir