Add Composite Elements

Started by usama, April 03, 2022, 12:40:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

usama

I am new in "Archi" and want to create a new "Composite Element", how to do it in "Archi". Please guide me.

Phil Beauvoir

Hi, by "Composite Element" do you mean a Grouping or Location element? If so, you can add these to a View like any other element from the Palette. Or do you mean a Composition relationship between two elements? In that case you can nest one element inside of another and create a Composition relationship at that point.
If you value and use Archi, please consider making a donation!
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

usama

Thank you for reply, What i want to do is create a collective of concept with their relationships under one concept. It is like groping but i want it to be concept to use it with different names. shortly i want to create a specialized concept of "Composite Element" directly not belong to "Grouping" or "Location".

Jean-Baptiste Sarrodie

Hi,

Quote from: usama on April 03, 2022, 21:56:30 PMThank you for reply, What i want to do is create a collective of concept with their relationships under one concept. It is like groping but i want it to be concept to use it with different names. shortly i want to create a specialized concept of "Composite Element" directly not belong to "Grouping" or "Location".

In this case you have to create a specialization based on the Grouping concept (in ArchiMate standard, you can't create a new type of concept which doesn't inherit from an already existing type). For this, use the "Specializations Manager" (under the "Tools" menu).

Regards,

JB
If you value and use Archi, please consider making a donation!
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.