Visual Nesting Advisory in the Validator

Started by Manj75, November 01, 2019, 14:01:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jean-Baptiste Sarrodie

Hi,

Quote from: Manj75 on November 21, 2019, 15:11:49 PM
Sparx EA would be stricter to the specification

Sparx EA simply does not support ArchiMate ATM. This tool is not certified.

Of course, the trend is good: EA now enforces allowed relationship and implements the exchange format, but there are still parts which are not compliant (relationships to relationships is possible only whe nyou associate a data object to a flow).

Regards,

JB
If you value and use Archi, please consider making a donation!
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

geoffrey

I also receive the Visual Nesting advice for a Resource that is Assigned to a Capability in Archi 4.6.

As far as I have checked Archi allows the relationship and the spec also shows in in the table.

What am I doing wrong?

Phil Beauvoir

Quote from: geoffrey on November 22, 2019, 15:42:54 PM
I also receive the Visual Nesting advice for a Resource that is Assigned to a Capability in Archi 4.6.

As far as I have checked Archi allows the relationship and the spec also shows in in the table.

What am I doing wrong?

If the Resource is nested inside the Capability you will see that advice. It should be the other way around.
If you value and use Archi, please consider making a donation!
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

geoffrey

I'm creating a Business Capability Map and represent people, process, tools and information as Resources that are shown as smaller squares within the Capability they are assigned to.

For some reason I find it more logically that a Business Role would be shown as part of a Business Actor but a Resource as part of a Capability and not the other way around.

Thanks to your help I'm able to understand why de advice is given and how it should be according to the standard.