Can we choose multiple Merging Candidates Element Together? (with Ctrl or Shift)

Started by Xiaoqi, March 23, 2021, 00:11:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xiaoqi

Hi all,

Not found specific similar question, so here I'd like to send this for raise our observation.

At attached, after we enabled coArchi, we clone model's repository to multiple ones for different project purpose, when yesterday we want to make merging, there're lots of conflicts pop up since in one source repo we did rename several folders and views name.

Found we can only choose, either "my" or "theirs" one by one, as we want to keep simple to accept all as "theirs", can coArchi support using multiple selection feature as Ctrl or Shift? Tried these but seems not working.

Thanks a lot, regards,
Xiaoqi

(Sorry I think this should be in the General discussion)

Jean-Baptiste Sarrodie

Hi,

I've not tested but I think this dialog behaves the same as the one triggered when nesting elements...

Try this: To select the same type of choice in all drop-down combo-box, hold down the Ctrl / Command key and select your choice in one of them. Then clic somewhere else so that the change is registered. All combo-box should be updated with the same choice.

Let me know if it works.

Regards,

JB
If you value and use Archi, please consider making a donation!
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

Phil Beauvoir

Quote from: Jean-Baptiste Sarrodie on March 23, 2021, 08:10:46 AMHi,

I've not tested but I think this dialog behaves the same as the one triggered when nesting elements...

Try this: To select the same type of choice in all drop-down combo-box, hold down the Ctrl / Command key and select your choice in one of them. Then clic somewhere else so that the change is registered. All combo-box should be updated with the same choice.

Let me know if it works.

Regards,

JB

Actually, I don't think it works  the same here. One for the "to do" list!

Edit: coArchi 0.8.2 supports multiple selections in the conflicts window. Clicking the "Mine" or "Theirs" button will now change it for the selection.
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

Xiaoqi

Thanks JB, as Phil mentioned, I've tested again and no, it's not working, but glad this is in the "to do" list.
Normally, we can prevent this happened too much as we can have way of working for merge more frequently, but this time since we rename lots of folders' name, it's really need this feature ;-)

Regards, Xiaoqi

Jean-Baptiste Sarrodie

Hi,

since we rename lots of folders' name

This does not happen because you've renamed folder (this doesn't lead to conflicts as folder name is an attribut of folder itself, not its content), this is because you moved elements from one folder to another. Maybe someone created a new folder with the new name instead of renaming it.

Be warned that conflicts due to elements being both moved and edited can lead to a non mergeable model if you in fact moved the folder itself and not only its content, because of some internal git stuff.

JB

Xiaoqi

Hi JB, you've recommended the proper way for us in another thread, thanks greatly.

Regards, Xiaoqi