Custom plugin is not activated

Started by saffko, June 14, 2016, 09:55:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

saffko

Hi Phil,

First of all, I want to thank you for your advices & help :)
I'm facing a big problem:
My custom plugin is not activated when I execute Archi with the "Windows Installer" version (see: http://www.archimatetool.com/download).
Is there a configuration file to setup ?

Waiting forward to your answer, let me wish you an excellent day !

Kind regards,

Saffet.

PS: Everything works fine withe the "Windows Zip" version, but I need to be able to make it work with the "installer" version too.

Phil Beauvoir

Hi,

how are you installing the plugin?

Phil
If you value and use Archi, please consider making a donation!
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

saffko

Just by dropping the jar in the "ARCHI_INSTALLATION_FOLDER"\plugins.
It works with the "Windows Zip" version, but not with "Windows Installer".

Saffet.

Phil Beauvoir

It might be a permissions issue on that folder.
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

Hervé

Hi Saffet,

I installed Archi using the Windows installer and it works for me.

you may have a look to %appdata%\Archi\.metadata\.log and check if there is any error message.

Best regards
Hervé

saffko

Thanks Hervé, I analysed the log file and I think that the problem is related to the JRE:

eclipse.buildId=unknown
java.version=1.7.0_75
java.vendor=Oracle Corporation
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=en_GB
Command-line arguments:  -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86 -clean

!ENTRY my.bundle 4 0 2016-06-15 15:34:30.803
!MESSAGE FrameworkEvent ERROR
!STACK 0
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: my.bundle.MyBundle [10]
  Unresolved requirement: Require-Capability: osgi.ee; filter:="(&(osgi.ee=JavaSE)(version=1.8))"

at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.start(Module.java:434)
   at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.incStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1582)
   at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.incStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1561)
   at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.doContainerStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1533)
   at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.dispatchEvent(ModuleContainer.java:1476)
   at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.dispatchEvent(ModuleContainer.java:1)
   at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager.dispatchEvent(EventManager.java:230)
   at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager$EventThread.run(EventManager.java:340)

With the installer, a "JRE" is installed in the "ARCHI_INSTALLATION_FOLDER" !
Do you have an idea of the usefulness of this folder ?

Thanks in advance !

Saffet.

Phil Beauvoir

If you have Java installed on the system you can remove the jre folder.

Hervé

Hi Saffet,

I've never seen this kind of error.

Is this regarding a plugin you are developing yourself ? Do you develop under Eclipse ?

If this is the case, I can share with you what I have done to have my plugin working. If not, my limited competences won't allow me to help you more I'm afraid.

Best regards
Hervé

Phil Beauvoir

java.version=1.7.0_75

and

Unresolved requirement: Require-Capability: osgi.ee; filter:="(&(osgi.ee=JavaSE)(version=1.8 ))"

So you need to install Java 8 or make the requirement for your bundle Java 7.