ArchiMate 3.0 (Specification Update)

Started by gertjanvanhethof, June 16, 2016, 13:17:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gertjanvanhethof

Hi,

Recently ArchiMate 3.0 is released. It's a huge update of this standard.
Is there a plan when Archi Tool will support this specification version?

Regards,

Gertjan.

Phil Beauvoir

The true answer is that updating Archi to ArchiMate 3 requires some work. To be sustainable, some funding would be useful  :)

Phil
If you value and use Archi, please consider making a donation!
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

Jean-Baptiste Sarrodie

Hi,

Another answer is that updating Archi to support ArchiMate 3.0 is a big work that can't be done for free. So we are seeking for funding. If this succeed then we should be able to deliver a brand new Archi :-)

Regards,

JB
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

jmariani

Hi.

I also would like to know if there's a roadmap to implement 3.0

I contributed with some money to the app, and it would be good to know if there's some way to help. I really want to see 3.0 implemented in Archi.

Regards.

theunsfvo

I'm looking at making a personal contribution and perhaps getting some from my company, but have you guys thought about a 'kickstarter' type project? They seem to be very popular and successful these days...

Phil Beauvoir

Quote from: theunsfvo on June 20, 2016, 13:56:20 PM
I'm looking at making a personal contribution and perhaps getting some from my company, but have you guys thought about a 'kickstarter' type project? They seem to be very popular and successful these days...

Give it a few more days, and see if things shake out.

cvenable

Do you have a dollar figure in mind? The 3.0 spec and repository function ticks the major boxes that had me investigating alternatives. I'd prefer to stick with Archi. I've been more successful with Archi and Archimate than any other EA tooling and approach. I want to explore what it will take to get these major upgrades over the goal line (pardon the American football analogy).

I work for a very large company. A very, very large company that has embraced open-source software. I want to make a case internally to help you but need numbers. Feel free to message me privately if you prefer.

Phil Beauvoir

Hi Chris,

we could use email for this conversation if you like - info@archimatetool.com.

Phil

yvain

Re dev support and funding...

My team were discussing this today. Kickstarter-esque type options came to mind, and I took an action to raise with you.

Glad to see that others are also thinking of the same!