Rich Text in Documentation

Started by jabo59, June 18, 2016, 14:43:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jabo59

Hi,

I'm looking for the possibility to use rich text in the property Documentation. Is this feature planned for upcoming versions?

Kind regards,
jabo59

Phil Beauvoir

It might be a nice feature for a future version of Archi. Should it be RTF or HTML?
If you value and use Archi, please consider making a donation!
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

theunsfvo

I would say HTML but either would help greatly in generating pre-formatted documentation and save time in editing later...

Phil Beauvoir

I guess users would want some kind of WYSIWYG Editor? Or edit raw HTML? Then would need to find open source HTML Java Editor?
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

theunsfvo

On second thought, RTF would probably easier to implement and provide the basics needed. HTML is maybe more a nice to have for the more technically inclined users that prefer that syntax.

Jean-Baptiste Sarrodie

Hi,

My 2 cts on this: not RTF please, HTML is clearly better as it can easily be converted or even used as if from jasterreport.

Another option is to use plain text but include a markdown renderer.

Regards,

JB

Phil Beauvoir

The issues for me is this - I'm not going to write a HTML or RTF editor plug-in. I've tried that before in other projects and it's a nightmare. If there is a nice plugin that can be easily integrated then good. In this case, it makes for a nice contribution if anyone is up for it.

Jean-Baptiste Sarrodie

Well, there's the rich tect editor from the nebula project but I'm not sure it will looks good.

IMHO -> plain text with markdown is good :-)

JB

Hervé

Hi,

RTF or HTML would be a very good idea. But now that I have a look to Jasper Reports to automate my documentation (as it is integrated into Archi), I'm wondering how it will be able to handle this ...

Best regards
Hervé

Jean-Baptiste Sarrodie

Hi,

Jasperreport comes with its own HTML engine so that it can use HTML easily.

Regards,

JB