launcher.openFile functionality in zip installation

Started by mwillemse, August 18, 2014, 16:21:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mwillemse

Hello. The ReadMe.txt file suggests to change the name of the executable from Archi32.exe to Archi.exe. Without this change the launcher.openFile function does not work anymore.
I managed to achieve the same result by adding the following lines in Archi32.ini after openFile :
-name
Archi

Phil Beauvoir

Hi, and welcome to the forum - you are the first registered user  8)

I tested it all and it all works OK?

Did you also rename Archi32.ini to Archi.ini?
If you value and use Archi, please consider making a donation!
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

mwillemse

Hello.
No I did not rename it: to avoid the need to rename both exe and ini files i had to add the two lines in the ini file.

In the eclipse launcher, ini file and exe file need to have the same name; appName and name parameter need to match too; the name parameter, if not specified in the command line or ini file, is taken from the exe name (first letter to uppercase, extension is trunkated).

My post was a suggestion, to add the -name parameter in the two distributed ini files, rather than document in ReadMe.txt that the two files have to be renamed. (it took me some time to understand why it was not working  :D )

Phil Beauvoir

Yes, thanks for the suggestion. As you say, all names need to match between these files:

Archi.exe
Archi.ini

and this line in the RegisterFileAssociation.bat file:

set APP_PATH=%~dp0Archi.exe
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

Phil Beauvoir

Regarding your suggestion of adding these lines to Archi32.ini:

-name
Archi

These lines do indeed need to be added if you edit the following line in the RegisterFileAssociation.bat file to "Archi32.exe":

set APP_PATH=%~dp0Archi32.exe

If you rename Archi32.exe to Archi.exe and Archi32.ini to Archi.ini then you don't need to do that. I thought it would be easier for users to rename the two files, rather than edit the RegisterFileAssociation.bat file.

Phil Beauvoir

In the next version I will include these files:

RegisterFileAssociation32-bit.bat
RegisterFileAssociation64-bit.bat

And the Archi32.ini and Archi64.ini files will contain:

-name
Archi

So no renaming is necessary. The user simply registers either the 32-bit or 64-bit batch file and thereafter runs the required exe file, Archi32.exe or Archi64.exe