Archi 3.0 Early Access Preview

Started by Phil Beauvoir, August 18, 2014, 11:35:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jean-Baptiste Sarrodie

Hi Iver,

This is a known bug, for some strange reasons, figure radius (used in rounded rectangles and ellipses) are not affected by the zoom: if you move the relationship, you should see the anchor moving along a rounder corner which is either too big (zoom lt 100%) or too small (zoom gt 100%).

Phil or I should have a look soon.

JB
If you value and use Archi, please consider making a donation!
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

Phil Beauvoir

Archi 3.0 Release Candidate 4 is available:

http://www.archimatetool.com/dev/beta

(I hope this is the last RC before the final one!)

Phil
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

Jean-Baptiste Sarrodie

Quote from: Phil Beauvoir on September 23, 2014, 11:14:25 AM

We should be happy, it's rare to check a new release so deeply.

I'm downloading it now ;-)

Phil Beauvoir

Quote from: Jean-Baptiste Sarrodie on September 23, 2014, 11:19:26 AM
Quote from: Phil Beauvoir on September 23, 2014, 11:14:25 AM

We should be happy, it's rare to check a new release so deeply.

I'm downloading it now ;-)

What usually happens is that one has months of alpha, beta and release candidates and then the final release of version 1.0.  :)

2 hours after the final release, somebody finds a bug and you have to issue version 1.0.1.  :-[

Jean-Baptiste Sarrodie

I forgot to add that we still have to fix issue on anchors and zoom, so you may have to release a RC5 tomorrow...

Jean-Baptiste Sarrodie

Quote from: Jean-Baptiste Sarrodie on September 23, 2014, 12:39:56 PM
I forgot to add that we still have to fix issue on anchors and zoom, so you may have to release a RC5 tomorrow...

BTW - if someone knows how to get zoom factor from an Anchor which only knows about its associated figure....

Phil Beauvoir

The Zoom Factor comes from the Zoom Manager which you can get from the GraphicalViewer, which you can get from an EditPart.

Jean-Baptiste Sarrodie

Quote from: Phil Beauvoir on September 23, 2014, 12:53:45 PM
The Zoom Factor comes from the Zoom Manager which you can get from the GraphicalViewer, which you can get from an EditPart.

I came to the same conclusion, but how do I get an EditPart from an Anchor classe (OrthogonalAnchor or RoundedRectangleAnchor) ?

Jean-Baptiste Sarrodie

Quote from: Jean-Baptiste Sarrodie on September 23, 2014, 12:57:25 PM
I came to the same conclusion, but how do I get an EditPart from an Anchor classe (OrthogonalAnchor or RoundedRectangleAnchor) ?

Answer to myself: the easiest workaround is to add it to constructor used by AbstractConnectedEditPart...

I now have to test it tonight :-)

pcmanning

Just installing - noted that settings for Windows are in ~/Application data  - I think the normal place on Windows should be ~/AppData/Roaming

Paul
Enterprise Architect, Swansea University

Phil Beauvoir

Quote from: pcmanning on September 24, 2014, 14:32:53 PM
Just installing - noted that settings for Windows are in ~/Application data  - I think the normal place on Windows should be ~/AppData/Roaming

Paul

Hi Paul. Yes, you're right. But there's a reason for this. ~/AppData/Roaming was intoduced I think in Windows Vista or 7. By specifying ~/Application Data it works for XP. On Windows 7 and 8 this should automagically resolve to ~/AppData/Roaming but doesn't on some systems, I think 64-bit versions. I need to take another look at this. I know that XMind (an Eclipse-based mind mapping tool) has the same issue.

Phil

Phil Beauvoir

Archi 3.0 Release Candidate 5 is available:

http://www.archimatetool.com/dev/beta

Fixes anchor point issue on Zoom.

(This should be the last RC before the final one!)

Phil

pcmanning

Quote from: Phil Beauvoir on September 24, 2014, 14:40:41 PM
Quote from: pcmanning on September 24, 2014, 14:32:53 PM

Paul

Hi Paul. Yes, you're right. But there's a reason for this. ~/AppData/Roaming was intoduced I think in Windows Vista or 7. By specifying ~/Application Data it works for XP. On Windows 7 and 8 this should automagically resolve to ~/AppData/Roaming but doesn't on some systems, I think 64-bit versions. I need to take another look at this. I know that XMind (an Eclipse-based mind mapping tool) has the same issue.

Phil

I'm on Windows 8.1 64bit - so that fits your pattern.  But would be inclined to drop XP support anyway, Microsoft have! (Please don't ask how many we have still running though!)
Enterprise Architect, Swansea University

Phil Beauvoir

Paul, you are right. And Archi 3.0 would be a good time to change this. I'm now uploading Archi 3 Beta 5a...

In the meantime you can simply edit the Archi.ini (or Archi32.ini or Archi64.ini) file to contain:

-Dosgi.instance.area=@user.home/AppData/Roaming/Archi
-Dosgi.configuration.area=@user.home/AppData/Roaming/Archi

Jean-Baptiste Sarrodie

Quote from: Phil Beauvoir on September 25, 2014, 14:06:57 PM
I'm now uploading Archi 3 Beta 5a...

I thought RC5 would be the last... If now we start to publish RC5a, the next bug will lead to RC 5a.1 ?  :P