Listener on an object

Started by Freddo, May 25, 2017, 10:01:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freddo

Hello All,
I am currently developing plugins on ARCHI 4.0.0 with Eclipse, and I wonder how it is possible to catch the selection of an object to make a specific action.

For example, if I click on a object "node", I would like to open a form (to update some properties and witch contains rules and constraints for these properties. This form already exists and is used during object creation).

A second example, if I click on an object "Block" in a canvas, I would like to reach an URL (witch is a property of my object).

I found a (bad) solution : I include some tests in function hookStatusLineSelectionListener()  in abstract class AbstractDiagramEditor but  :'( of doing that....

Could anybody help ? Many thanks in advance !

Phil Beauvoir

Generally you would register an ISelectionListener and listen to changes like this:

public void selectionChanged(IWorkbenchPart part, ISelection selection) {
        if(selection instanceof IStructuredSelection && !selection.isEmpty()) {
            Object object = ((IStructuredSelection)selection).getFirstElement();
            // Do something with object
        }
    }

Take a look at com.archimatetool.editor.views.navigator.NavigatorView

and:

getSite().getWorkbenchWindow().getSelectionService().addSelectionListener(this);
If you value and use Archi, please consider making a donation!
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

Freddo

Hello,

Many thanks for your answer, I'll try this code.

Another point, when I create an object (Canvas Block), I add the listener and the action is properly done (I reach may URL by example). Now, I save the model, close my Archi, reopen it, and when I come back on my page the click on my block do not work. I guess my listener is established when the object is created, but not when the model is opened.
How could I make my listener permanent (without any line in the original code) ?

Many thanks in advance,

Phil Beauvoir

Depends where you put the listener, putting it on the object doesn't sound right to me. And a listener may not be the right solution. You need to be very clear about your aim.
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

Freddo

Thanks for your answer, what I would like to do is the ability to fire an action when I click on an object automatically .

I thought a listener was the right solution, but I don't know how to mount it when a model is opened... Is there any other solution ?

Many thanks in advance.

Phil Beauvoir

A listener may be the solution, but you usually add the listener to one main listening class such as an Eclipse View, as with com.archimatetool.editor.views.navigator.NavigatorView class. This would then forward the object selected to the form.

Freddo

Many thanks to you.

I'll try to do so.

:)