Aggregation relationship between plateau and another relationship

Started by geoffrey, June 30, 2017, 13:20:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

geoffrey

In the ArchiMate 3.0 specification section B.1 mentions the following text:

QuoteGrouping and plateau elements may have an aggregation or composition relationship to any concept (element or relationships).

The section also show a relationship table that indicates this.

From/To

Grouping

Plateau

Element

Relationship

Grouping

any

cfgorst

any*

cgo

Plateau

cfgiorst

cgo

Element

any**

o

Relationship

o

o

o

I'm able in Archi 4 by default to create an association relationship between a plateau and another relationship, but not an aggregation.

I changed line 2803 of the relationships.xml file so that a plateau as source can also have an a(g)gretation to a relationship destination to make this work.

<target concept="Relationship" relations="og" />

Does anyone know if there is a reason why Archi does not by default support this? I assumed this was not related to the whole issue of the relationship matrices in the standard having flaws.

Best regards,
G.

Jean-Baptiste Sarrodie

Hi,

Does anyone know if there is a reason why Archi does not by default support this? I assumed this was not related to the whole issue of the relationship matrices in the standard having flaws.

Well in fact it is. As there is still no official fixed matrice (but this should be soon be solved by the Open Group) we used a generated table that fixes more than 95% of the issues but can come with some different ones and you've just catched one of them.

This will be solved by a new version of Archi as soon as the Open Group will publish the Corrigendum.

Regards,

JB
If you value and use Archi, please consider making a donation!
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

geoffrey

Thank you for the feedback JB and all the great work.

Now I know how the mechanism for adapting the relationships.xml file works I can for now do it manually.