New form plugin

Started by Hervé, November 28, 2016, 19:36:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jose-Carlos

Hi Hervé,
I have modified the configuration file with values in combo and it works fine. Thanks!

However, on my installation, I'm unable to save the new value through the graphical editor. Perhaps the field about refer is missing from the saving function.

Perhaps I should also open an issue on Github instead of polluting this thread... :-)

Best Regards

Hervé

Hi Jose-Carlos,

Thanks for pointing out this issue to me. I effectively did not record correctly the "refers" and "whenEmpty" fields on the form page.

I just released the version 1.6.3 to GitHub that fixes this issue. This new release also include a fix on the automatic plugin update and some tooltips on the graphical editor to provide guidance about fields  ;D

Best regards
Hervé

Jose-Carlos

Hi Hervé,
thanks a lot for your reactivity, it' perfect, it's working fine!
Regards

Hervé

Dear all,

I just release the version 1.7 ofthe form plugin : https://github.com/archi-contribs/form-plugin

To install it, you may download the jar file and copy it into Archi's plugins folder. Alternatively, if you already have got a previous version of the plugin, you may update it using the "check for update" button on the plugin's preference page.

This release is a solves few bugs:

• The "excelType" property was not used for controls outside of tables
  • The "foreground" and "background" properties were not used in tables
  • The graphical editor was not able to edit the filter at the form level

As some people asked me, the todo list includes :

• Add an option in the preferences to continue to load the form in case of an error in the configuration file (at the moment, the whole form is cancelled in case of an error)
  • Add the ability to calculate the sum or the average of the values in a table column (and even the number of lines in the table)
  • Add a "comment" property on all the controls
  • Add a "if" property that would act like a "filter" but for individual controls: if the condition is met, then the control is created, else it is not created

Best regards
Hervé

bebran

Hi Hervé,

Excellent work on the form plugin, but I'm struggling with displaying elements stored in subfolders (ex. Application/subfolderXYZ/).
My models contains >3000 elements and use subfolders for grouping elements in the Models panel, but it seems like the forms plugin does not include elements stored in subfolders.
Are there any parameters in the configuration file for including elements in subfolders?

/Bent

Hervé

Hi Bent,

The plugin should definitively display elements stored in sub-folders.

Thanks for pointing out this bug, I'll solve it ASAP.

Best regards
Hervé

Hervé

Dear all,

I just released the version 1.8 of my form plugin : https://github.com/archi-contribs/form-plugin

As I've been requested by some people, the updates are:

• Add the "image" class
  • Add the "${username} variable
  • Add the "${date:format}" variable (where format is any string representing a date in Java, like dd/MM/YYYY HH:mm:SS foir instance)

The GitHub's wiki will be updated asap to provide mode details on how to use them.

Best regards
Hervé

Hervé

Dear all,

Following your first feed backs by emails, I just released the version 1.8.1 of my form plugin : https://github.com/archi-contribs/form-plugin

The updates are:

• Add ${screenshot} variable to show up a view screenshot in a image control
  • Add the "content" property to image class
  • Add "comment" property this is not used by form but allow to keep some comment on every controls
  • Update the inline help pages
  • fix menus' icon

Best regards
Hervé

Hervé

Dear all,

I just released the version 1.8.2 of my form plugin : https://github.com/archi-contribs/form-plugin

For a fresh install, just copy the JAR file into archi's plugins folder. To upgrade an already installed plugin, just click on the "check for update" button on the preferece page (you may even check the "automatically check for update at startup" box).

The key updates:

• I added more default values when keywords are not specified in the configuration file
  • fix few bugs in the graphical generator regarding the filter and generate keywords
  • the error message regarding the ${screenshot} variable has been removed
  • the images are now correctly exported to Excel

As an example, here is a form created by Glem that is very well done and that provides a clear view on the kind of form that can be created with my plugin:

Best regards
Hervé

Jose-Carlos

Hi,
is there a way to sort the displayed elements in a table? It could be by name or by a property.

My use case is to use a table to list all nodes and fill properties such as RAM, CPU, Disk, etc...

Thanks.

Hervé

Hi Jose-Carlos,

There is no way to sort the elements during the table creation. Nevertheless, it is possible to sort them once the able is created by clicking on the columns title (an little arrow is then shown to indicate the sorted column).

Best regards
Hervé

Jose-Carlos

Hi Hervé,
thanks for your help. I didn't had the last plugin version. It's working fine now.
:)

Hervé

Clément

Hello Hervé,

First, let me say that you did a great job with this plugin, it's very useful !

I just have one problem : I can't force a "default text" when I'm configuring a textbox in a table (it works fine when I'm not doing it in a table). Whether I do it with the graphical editor or directly in the conf file, it always disappear.
I am using the 1.8.3 version.

Do you know why this doesn't work ?

Thanks for your help.
Regards,
Clément.

Jean-Baptiste Sarrodie

Hi Clément,

The best place for questions, issues or bug report is on GitHub: https://github.com/archi-contribs/form-plugin/issues

Can you please open a new issue there ?

Regards,

JB
If you value and use Archi, please consider making a donation!
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.