'Junction' has different relationship types

Started by joao-paulo, November 17, 2017, 19:47:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joao-paulo

Hi.

If I put two "outcome" anda a "junction" elements inside a "grouping" element using "composition relationship", and connect a "capability" to them using "realization" relationships, I get this erro message when I try to validate the model.

Should this really be forbidden?

Att.,
João Paulo

P.S. view's image attached.

Phil Beauvoir

Interesting.

This is caused by the Junction having a Composition relationship to the Grouping.

@JB should this be allowed?
If you value and use Archi, please consider making a donation!
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

Jean-Baptiste Sarrodie

Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

Phil Beauvoir

So, when a Junction is dragged into a container concept, these relationships should not be offered?

Phil Beauvoir

We currently allow a Grouping concept to connect to a target Junction as:

<target concept="Junction" relations="acfginortv" derived="" />

Allowing Aggregation and Composition relationships means that a Junction can be part of a Grouping? Should we remove them?

Jean-Baptiste Sarrodie

"The relationships that can be used in combination with a junction are all the dynamic and dependency relationships, as well as assignment, realization, and association."

So whatever the source or target is, we should never have composition, aggregation, specialization or association to or from a Junction.

JB

Phil Beauvoir

This fixed in the latest 4.1 beta. It's no longer possible to create Composition or Aggregation relationships between a Grouping and a Junction.

Phil Beauvoir

Quote from: Jean-Baptiste Sarrodie on November 18, 2017, 16:33:05 PM
"The relationships that can be used in combination with a junction are all the dynamic and dependency relationships, as well as assignment, realization, and association."

So whatever the source or target is, we should never have composition, aggregation, specialization or association to or from a Junction.

JB

I think you mean you can have association to or from a Junction?

So here are the allowed ones:

Triggering (t)
Flow (f)
Serving (v)
Access (a)
Influence (n)
Assignment (i)
Realization (r)
Association (o)

Jean-Baptiste Sarrodie

Quote from: Phil Beauvoir on November 19, 2017, 17:00:57 PM
I think you mean you can have association to or from a Junction?

Yes  you're right, sorry, bad cut/paste on my side.

JB