Unable to generate diagrams in a HTML report with ACLI on CentOS

Started by Jose-Carlos, February 08, 2018, 20:08:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jose-Carlos

Hi,
ACLI: another very usefull feature, thanks!

It's working fine on my Windows laptop, but on CentOS 6.9 server side, I was not able to implement it. When I launch the ACLI command, I have the issue below:

./Archi \
        -application com.archimatetool.commandline.app \
        -consoleLog \
        --modelrepository.loadModel "/tmp/model" \
        --html.createReport "/tmp/html"

[LoadModelFromRepositoryProvider] Loading model at /tmp/model
[LoadModelFromRepositoryProvider] Loaded model: 'TMP_MODEL'
[HTMLReport] Creating report from 'TMP_MODEL' to /tmp/html

(SWT:55311): Gdk-CRITICAL **: IA__gdk_window_get_width: assertion `GDK_IS_WINDOW (window)' failed

(SWT:55311): Gdk-CRITICAL **: IA__gdk_window_get_height: assertion `GDK_IS_WINDOW (window)' failed

(SWT:55311): Gdk-CRITICAL **: IA__gdk_window_get_width: assertion `GDK_IS_WINDOW (window)' failed

(SWT:55311): Gdk-CRITICAL **: IA__gdk_window_get_height: assertion `GDK_IS_WINDOW (window)' failed

[HTMLReport] Report generated!

The command generates all the report structure with text, but diagrams are empty and white. It's the same issue for Jasper reports.
I tried many actions, but without significant result.

I'm using latest version of Archi in 64 bits 4.2.0.201801300957.

Some help is welcome :-)
Thanks

Phil Beauvoir

CentOS 6.9 server needs some kind of graphics driver installed to generate images. Can you install something there such as Xvfb?
If you value and use Archi, please consider making a donation!
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

Jose-Carlos

Hi Phil,
I'm using Xming and X11 with SSH tunnel to display graphical output. With it, I'm able to lauch Archi in graphic mode and it works fine for modeling tasks. But I'm not able to generate views through menu Report/Jasper or HTML.
I tried to use Xvfb. It's the same error plus one: a missing extention (RANDR). Xvfb doesn't support RANDR extention (At least for Debian: https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=724800).

Phil Beauvoir

"But I'm not able to generate views through menu Report/Jasper or HTML."

We need to figure out why this isn't working before solving the ACLI problem. Some more research is needed...
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

Phil Beauvoir

One thing to try:

Edit the Archi.ini file and change "2" to "0" here:

--launcher.GTK_version

Jose-Carlos

I had already tested it based on a previous post, but with no impact on issue.