extended version

Started by manama, October 31, 2014, 12:49:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

manama

Hi, i added additional concepts to Archi by extending the concepts in code, how i can share this with archi users?

Phil Beauvoir

When you say "share" do you mean share the code? In this case you could do so at GitHub? Or do you mean share Archi models with the new concepts in?
If you value and use Archi, please consider making a donation!
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

manama

i mean how i can share the code?

Phil Beauvoir

Quote from: manama on November 02, 2014, 16:02:32 PM
i mean how i can share the code?

I suggest putting the code on a public Git repository, such as GitHub.
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

Jean-Baptiste Sarrodie

Hi,

I'm trying to maintain a GitHub Organization to host projects related to Archi made by people who don't have their own repository.

My I suggest to create a repository under https://github.com/archi-contribs for you, you'll then just have to create a github account that I will add as an admin for this repo.

JB

Phil Beauvoir

Or it might be better to fork the Archi code in GitHub and create a branch with your code in it. This way you can maintain it when the main code changes.

I should point out that, apart from being an interesting exercise, extending the metamodel with your own concepts is always going to be a bit of a dead end, because no other user will be able to use the extended model unless they have exactly the same customised version of Archi. It might be better to extend existing concepts with a stereotype mechanism such as a profile property. See https://github.com/Phillipus/archi/issues/36. This is something under investigation.