New specialization plugin

Started by Hervé, June 30, 2017, 21:18:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hervé

Thanks,

I'll have a close look when I come back home this evening ...

Best regards
Hervé

newbie1234

Hi Herve,

I think I came upon same issue as others in that the icon plugin stopped working for me and may correspond to the last Archi update?  Some models previously where I did have icons showing up, now do not.

Am running Archi on a mac laptop professional.

I did a logger trace mode to try to set an icon for a test and attaching that to this post.

Many thanks in advance.

Hervé

As some other people told me, the label replacement is not working either on MAC

I've got 3 difficulties here:
- I do not have any MAC to test my plugin
- There is no error message in the log file to provide me a clue on what can happen
- The plugin works on Windows and Linux

So, I need some help from you. Could you please :
- Tell me the latest version number that was working (that I can compare the changes done since this version)
- Open the Java console while running Archi (i.e. running "archi -consolelog") and check if there are some messages that would not be in the log file

Thanks and regards
Hervé

newbie1234

Hi Herve.

Javaconsole shows no errors.  I believe also that Mac OS came out with a update (10.13.6) recently as well, which could be tied to this issue, although backing that out isn't easy for me to do.

Going to see about backing out last Archi & specialization plugin combinations to see if it makes a difference and will post if I find anything.

Thanks as always.

Hervé

In fact, another user did the test and confirmed to me that rollbacking to version 1.0.7 solves the issue.

What I do not understand is that the only change done between version 1.0.7 and 1.0.7.1 is a fix to restore missing placement and sizing command icons beneath Archi menu.

So I created a "test for MAC" folder on GitHub and compiled the .jar on a Windows 10 PC (64 bits) and will compile the .jar next Monday at work on a Windows 7 PC (32 bit). Just in case ...

Else, I do not have any clue on what can happen.

Meanwhile, I restored the 1.0.7 version of the plugin on GitHub.

Best regards
Hervé

viraght

Hi, I used new specialization-plugin/test for MAC/org.archicontribs.specialization_v1.0.7.1-win10-64b.jar file on macOS 10.13.6 (17G2208).
Unfortunately the label is not used in the model so the problem exists.
Tamas

viraght

New info: I found an old version of the plugin on my windows PC and copied that to the MacBook Pro.
So org.archicontribs.specialization_v1.0.6.jar works fine on macOS 10.13.6 (17G2208)!
I see the label property values in the view.
Tamas

Hervé

Hi,

I compiled the .jar file on a 32 bit Windows 7 workstation and uploaded it to the "test for MAC" folder.

It has been compiled with exactly the same code than the one compiled from a 64 bit Windows 10 workstation and the content slightly differs.

So I let you have a try and let me know if it works better on your MAC.

Best regards
Hervé

Hervé

As I've been told by email, the 32bit version is working fine on MAC, so I replaced the jar file with its 32bit version on GitHub.

Please do not hesitate to open an issue on GitHub https://github.com/archi-contribs/specialization-plugin/issues if you discover other bugs.

Best regards
Hervé

Phil Beauvoir

32 or 64 bit makes no difference when compiling a Java Jar. If there is an issue with running on later versions of Mac, it will be related to something else like event despatching in the UI.
If you value and use Archi, please consider making a donation!
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

Hervé

It's what I suspected but I was not sure... So I need to compare my two workstations in detail to understand what the differences are.

Phil Beauvoir

Different OS X versions can exhibit different and subtle behaviour differences in the UI. The only way to be sure is to test on the latest OS X. I can't help you here because I don't have a Mac powerful enough to run the latest OS X.
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

newbie1234

Hi all.

For me, the 32 nor 64 bit plugin work to bring back the icons. Renamed these to regular name in plugin folder - "org.archicontribs.specialization_v1.0.7.1.jar"

I did not have older version of the plugin to try as viraght has found to try.  Possible to bring back a 64b - "org.archicontribs.specialization_v1.0.6.jar" and a "7.0.jar" version to test against?  Then could try each to see where things stopped working for me.

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Jean-Baptiste Sarrodie

Hi,

Quote from: newbie1234 on September 05, 2018, 14:16:20 PM
Possible to bring back a 64b - "org.archicontribs.specialization_v1.0.6.jar" and a "7.0.jar" version to test against?

Has Hervé store its jar inside its repo (BTW Hervé: this is bad practice, you should create release for that and attache the jar to the release), you can simply access older version through their respective commits:

Version 1.0.7 : https://github.com/archi-contribs/specialization-plugin/tree/189e4c178c8ad90d8f1a901c873b3b4422a86d2b
Version 1.0.6 : https://github.com/archi-contribs/specialization-plugin/tree/cb96adf6eba41644ae806b634c69b2a702d42132

Hope this helps.

JB

Phil Beauvoir

Herve,

are you sure the bug is only manifesting on Mac? I notice you made some other changes like sub-classing the ArchimateDiagramEditor to catch mouse clicks. Has this broken anything?