Jasper Report elements question

Started by willwolf, February 14, 2019, 16:34:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

willwolf

Hi, I am trying to understand the Customizable Report part called "Purpose". 
More specifically, I have a copy of the Customizable Report open in Jaspersoft Studio and I am trying to understand the "Detail 1" with $F(purpose) and $R(text.Purpose). 

Does this "Purpose" come from the model and if so, where in the model can I set the text ?  Thank you

Phil Beauvoir

"Purpose" is for the whole model. It's set in the Properties tab in the "Purpose" text field when you have the root node selected in the models tree.
If you value and use Archi, please consider making a donation!
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

Jean-Baptiste Sarrodie

Hi,

"Purpose" is the Documentation field of the model itself, ie. the one you can edit when you right-clic on the model and select "Properties".

Regards,

JB
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

willwolf

willwolf

I kindly want ask another question: I am successfully using the the Model Wide properties to make  a report composed only of the Views.  And I've got the Report:View properties mostly working. 

For this property
Report:View:Detailed
   Set to "true" to show a detailed list of elements.

I have tried setting it to "false" to show only the View Diagram and suppress the detailed listing of elements in the View, but it doesn't work.  Is there something I'm doing wrong?  Sometimes I just want to show the View Diagram in the report.  Thanks

Jean-Baptiste Sarrodie

Hi,

"detailed" means that all elements are listed together with their own documentation and properties. "non-detailed" means that elements are just listed in a table, but in both cases elements are listed in a way or another.

Their is currently no built-in way to fully hide elements.

Regards,

JB

willwolf

willwolf

I'm trying now to make use of the Report:Model:Hide:ViewNumbering

I believe that point of this is for putting some digits in front of the View Name for sorting purposes.  So I have views such as:
1001View:NameIsTextHere
2001View:NameIsTextAlsoHere

But the reports are not stripping the digits.  I hoped for
View:NameIsTextHere 
View:NameIsTextAlsoHere

thanks for your help

Phil Beauvoir

I think it only works with a space after the number

willwolf