Specialization plugin v2.0.0.alpha1

Started by Hervé, May 04, 2019, 22:15:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hervé

Dear all,

I'm pleased to announce the version 2.0.0.alpha1 of my specialization plugin (https://github.com/archi-contribs/specialization-plugin).

The objective of this new major release is to stick more to Archimate:
     The version 1 allows to manually change the icon and the label for each concept individually.
     The version 2 allows to define the specializations at the model level, and then to apply the specialization to the concepts.

When the model is selected, a new tab called "Specialization" is shown. When you select an Archimate class, you can then create specializations and assign to them some properties, a label, a figure type, and an icon.

Then, when you select an element in a view, a new tab called "Specialization" is show. In this tab, you can assign the element to a specialization. this will automatically configure the graphical figure (type, icon and label) and create the corresponding properties with the default values.

The key advantages is that the specialization configuration is kept inside the Archimate file and does not depend upon external folders.

Please do not hesitate to give me your feed back. The alpha2 version will include your advices and requests.

Best regards
Hervé

rchevallier

Seems great. Do you have the 2.0.0alpha1 .jar already available so we don't need to recompile the plugin ?

Hervé

rchevallier

Thanks a lot, I'll try it and let you know if I find issues

Hervé

Thanks.

As I'm at the beginning of the version 2, please do not hesitate to share as well if you've got some requirements or ideas. It may be not too late to change few things  ;D

Best regards
Hervé

rchevallier

Hi Hervé,

Sorry, cannot make it work  :(

• I stopped archi
  • I removed the 1.0.11 jar from /plugins directory, and put the 2.0.0alpha1 jar inside
  • I started archi
  • I opened a model, but no specialization tab on the Properties page of the model, nor on any element

Am I missing to do something?

Env: archi v4.4.0, Windows 10 64bits, Java 64bits 1.8.0_201
I'm not familiar with Eclipse framework. Is there a way to get the startup log so I can give you more details?

Hervé

Hi,

It usually happens when the jar file is corrupted and can be solved by downloading the file again.

Please check the file size (it should be 3 461 675 bytes).

You may as well start Archi with the "-consolelog" parameter to show up the error messages and check if there is an exception that explains what happens.

Best regards
Hervé

rchevallier

That's was the issue,  should have thought of this and checked  :-\ :-[
I'll make some tests/use and come back to you. Do you prefer feedback thru email, this forum or issues in github project ?

Hervé

Good news.

As for bugs and évolutions, I believe github would be the best.

Thanks
Hervé

jmariani

Hi!

I'm on Archi 4.5 Beta 1 using Mac

When I click on an element in a view and then in the "Specialization" tab in te Properties window, I get this message:

"An error has occurred. See error log for more details.
java.lang.NullPointerException"

Attached is a log file.

Regards!

Hervé

Hi,

I've seen your issue on GitHub. It will be solved in the next version.

Best regards
Hervé

Manj75

Hi Herve,

I've been getting the NullPointerException too, occurs when I click on the Specialization tab on an element, seems to be unusable for me.  I've even tried to download a number of times and am using Archi v4.4 and trying the v2.0.0.alpha1 jar file.

Hopefully there will be a fix soon.

Thanks
Manjit

Hervé

Hi,

I haven't got a lot of time at the moment to develop my plugins but I do my best to release a new version soon :-)

Best regards
Hervé

Phil Beauvoir

Hi Hervé,

just a heads up - now that Archi 4.5 is out your plug-ins need to be installed in Archi's "dropins" folder, not the "plugins" folder.

If the plug-in is in a zip file with the magic "achi-plugin" file in the zip, it can be installed via Archi's Plug-in Manager.

If installed manually then the "dropins" folder is located in the following places:

Windows: %user.home%/AppData/Roaming/Archi4/dropins
Mac: %user.home%/Library/Application Support/Archi4/dropins
Linux: %user.home%/.archi4/dropins

("%user.home%" denotes your home directory.)

If the "dropins" folder does not exist, users will need to create it first.

Cheers!

Phil
If you value and use Archi, please consider making a donation!
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

Hervé