Archi on Linux VM Chrome OS 78

Started by allenp8, November 23, 2019, 14:07:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

allenp8

Hi, I'm a newbie on the forum and with using Arch so I apologise if I've used the wrong forum. I'm trying to install Archi on Linux VM on a Pixelbook.  I've installed Eclipse 3.8 with the OpenJava JDK and have successfully started Eclipse. I've downloaded and extracted the Linux version of Archi 4.6 tar.  Do I need to run a command to install Archi from the extracted archive? I've tried running Archi as a terminal command but nothing happens. Do I need to install anything else to make Archi start?  Any help would be gratefully received.

Phil Beauvoir

I have no idea if Archi works on this setup, but the executable file is the "Archi" file.

> Do I need to install anything else to make Archi start?

Not if it's running on Linux. But no idea about Linux VM on a Pixelbook.
If you value and use Archi, please consider making a donation!
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

Jean-Baptiste Sarrodie

Hi,

In addition: eclipse is not needed at all (it is only use to develop)

Regards,

JB
If you value and use Archi, please consider making a donation!
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

allenp8

Thank you JB and Phil for your help and very fast response.  I have uninstalled eclipse and updated to Java SE 13.  I can now get Archi to start although its not functioning correctly - welcome window doesn't display correctly and no content is displayed. The error message I get within Terminal is (Archi:4696): Gtk-CRITICAL **; gtk_distribute_natural_allocation: assertion 'extra_space >= 0' failed.

I'm assuming the problems are to do with the Chrome OS 78 Linux VM.  However, its very nearly working so I may try this again when the Linux VM support has improved.

Thank you for your help and the great software you have produced.