Specialization Plugin not working

Started by Manj75, November 22, 2019, 11:04:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Manj75

Hi Herve,

I'm trying to use your Specialization plugin and not having any success in Archi 4.6.

Installing org.archicontribs.specialization_2.0.0.alpha1.zip using Archi manage plugin results in no settings visible on the Preferences -> specialization plugin tab.  Only thing I can see is the Version and Online Help section - there is no Behaviour nor Image folders section.

I then installed the previous version org.archicontribs.specialization_v1.0.11.zip this time I can see all the relevant settings in the Preferences, however, there is an issue:

• Launching Archi and then going to the Preferences -> specialization plugin tab shows all settings in correct format.  If you immediately click cancel closing the preferences window and then reopen the specialization plugin preference again the formatting is incorrect, in that the Online Help overlaps and obscures the Image folders section resulting in the inability to access the settings for image folders.  The only way to resolve this is to always restart Archi and the format will show preferences correctly for the first use and then fail for all subsequent ones.

Is this a known issue with the plugin?

I know you have released your Database plugin recently and also have shared your roadmap, as I am also awaiting a new version of the ServiceNow plugin to hopefully address other posts I made.

Thanks,
Manjit

Phil Beauvoir

Manjit, it might be better reporting these issues on Herve's Github tracker.

Phil
If you value and use Archi, please consider making a donation!
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

Manj75

ok - thanks Phil :)

Just checked GitHub and these are known issues (#40 and #38) - I was just too rushed and should have looked there first :-[

Hervé

Hi Manjit,

Yes, Archi evolves quicker than I can deliver at the moment. I doing my best to release a database version that works with Archi 4.6 for early December, then I can work back on the specialization plugin.

Best regards
Hervé

Manj75

Hi Herve,

Thanks for the update.

I think the capabilities of the Specialization plugin are really powerful - it would be ideal to see these added to the Archi Core Roadmap, especially, the ability to add newline to labels '\n'.

The client I represent is an Ecommerce business and we find it useful to also model structural wireframes of the website to show how it architecturally hangs together with the back-end applications.  My idea was to take snippets of the real website (Header, Footer, Body, Buttons, etc) and use the specialization plugin to have the images filled out the Archi element(s) used to model the UI wireframe.  This is just one specific scenario of how I plan to use the plugin.

Kind Regards,

Manjit

Jean-Baptiste Sarrodie

Hi,

This is part of our roadmap under Custom Labels: https://www.archimatetool.com/roadmap/

(and adding images on ArchiMate views too)

Regards,

JB
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

Hervé

Manj75

Fantastic - look forward to it  :D

I also missed off the detail drill functionality available in the plugin where you can configure to double-click an element to traverse to another view, this would also be very useful in the Archi Core.

Hervé

In fact, some other posts asked to extend the double click to openup an URL or even a file  ;)

Jean-Baptiste Sarrodie

Hi,

Quote from: Manj75 on November 25, 2019, 11:20:37 AM
I also missed off the detail drill functionality available in the plugin where you can configure to double-click an element to traverse to another view, this would also be very useful in the Archi Core.

Not on the roadmap for the moment, sorry.

Regards,

JB