Database plugin cannot connect to database anymore

Started by gevaertw, February 07, 2020, 15:48:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gevaertw

I use postgressql on my Mac with the latest archimate and latest database plugin.

Since today I have issue's to use the database connection.

When I test the connection from the plugin, the plugin reports it can connect to the database
when I export the model to the database,  I get the error "failed to count model's components, nullPointerException"

in the logs I find the entries below...

any advice on this?

2020-02-07 16:24:00 INFO   541:DBPreferencePage                         - Logger initialised.
2020-02-07 16:24:00 ERROR  459:DBGui$4                                  - Failed to set preferences
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at org.archicontribs.database.GUI.DBGui.setPreferences(DBGui.java:659)
   at org.archicontribs.database.GUI.DBGui$4.widgetSelected(DBGui.java:459)
   at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:252)
   at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:89)
   at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.sendEvent(Display.java:4406)
   at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1512)
   at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1535)
   at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1520)
   at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.notifyListeners(Widget.java:1324)
   at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:4193)
   at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3810)
   at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine$5.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1160)
   at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:338)
   at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1049)
   at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.E4Workbench.createAndRunUI(E4Workbench.java:155)
   at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.lambda$3(Workbench.java:633)
   at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:557)
   at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:150)
   at com.archimatetool.editor.Application.start(Application.java:84)
   at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:203)
   at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:137)
   at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:107)
   at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:400)
   at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:255)
   at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
   at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
   at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
   at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
   at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:660)
   at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:597)
   at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1468)
2020-02-07 16:24:05 INFO   472:DBGui$5                                  - Connecting to the database ...
2020-02-07 16:25:41 ERROR  943:DBGuiExportModel$3                       - Failed to compare the model to the database.
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at org.archicontribs.database.GUI.DBGuiExportModel.compareModelToDatabase(DBGuiExportModel.java:1182)
   at org.archicontribs.database.GUI.DBGuiExportModel$3.widgetSelected(DBGuiExportModel.java:941)
   at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:252)
   at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:89)
   at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.sendEvent(Display.java:4406)
   at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1512)
   at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1535)
   at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1520)
   at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.notifyListeners(Widget.java:1324)
   at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:4193)
   at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3810)
   at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine$5.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1160)
   at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1049)
   at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.E4Workbench.createAndRunUI(E4Workbench.java:155)
   at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.lambda$3(Workbench.java:633)
   at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:557)
   at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:150)
   at com.archimatetool.editor.Application.start(Application.java:84)
   at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:203)
   at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:137)
   at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:107)
   at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:400)
   at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:255)
   at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
   at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
   at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
   at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
   at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:660)
   at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:597)
   at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1468)

Phil Beauvoir

If you value and use Archi, please consider making a donation!
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

Hervé

Indeed, it will be better if you could open a case on my plugin's GitHub issue tracker, confirming your Archi version, plugin version and operating system.

gevaertw

Since I have this issue only with 1 particular model (see https://forum.archimatetool.com/index.php?topic=790.0), I was thinking I had somme issue's with the model. So I posted here to keep stuff together...

I will head to GitHub with this one then....