Integrated Spell check (as you type)

Started by bigyin, May 20, 2020, 11:41:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigyin

Is there anyway to have an integrated spell checker in Archi (as you type) for those of use with bad skills :)

I know I can export the model run spellchecker and re-import etc, but these feel clumsy

ideas .. on best work flow of extensions

Phil Beauvoir

Well, there's no support for spell checking built-in to Archi, nor is this something that I think could be simply integrated. It's really not something I want to implement myself, although as it's all open source someone could take a look at it.
If you value and use Archi, please consider making a donation!
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

Jean-Baptiste Sarrodie

Hi,

As Phil's said, there's nothing we can do in Archi itsefl.

But there are some software out there which might help. Here is one of them for Windows: http://www.tinyspell.com/

Regards,

JB
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

rheward

I had the idea about doing a spell check jArchi script that would have to be run on-demand, but never got far on it. It would have gone through the description text and reported any suspicious spellings in the output.

Jean-Baptiste Sarrodie

Hi,

Quote from: rheward on May 26, 2020, 12:30:22 PM
I had the idea about doing a spell check jArchi script that would have to be run on-demand, but never got far on it. It would have gone through the description text and reported any suspicious spellings in the output.

That's a good idea.

In fact, when speaking about spell checking, I always thought about a "check as you type" and completely forgot that it could be done in an asynchronous way.

https://www.javascriptspellcheck.com/ could be used through jArchi (but interacting with the script would involve building a complex UI), but it should be possible to code one in pure Java and offer it as a plugin too.

Regards,

JB