Set HTML report to open on a canvas view

Started by DuncanWilliam, June 09, 2020, 13:49:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DuncanWilliam

Hi all,

I'm currently playing around with hosting the HTML report so I can share a dynamic model with potential stakeholders to great success. To make things a bit more user friendly, is there a way to set the default blank 'home view' to the canvas view within my model tree as the default?

Thanks,
Duncan

Alberto

Second this. AFAIK it defaults to the model's purpose page so right now I'm doing a find and replace after the HTML report is published.

Phil Beauvoir

Specifying a "home view" is obviously not implemented in the export to HTML report (if it were, it would have to be selectable in the export dialog box). But if you know the ID of the view you can search and replace the id in "index.html"

For example if the id of the view is id-d846cfb116984ad98ab6b5f6aa0635ea

then find this line:

<iframe name="view" class="ui-layout-center" src="id-c6ae148b425b4632b5bc47ab510560f6/elements/model.html" scrolling="no"></iframe>

And replace src with the id of the view like this:

<iframe name="view" class="ui-layout-center" src="id-c6ae148b425b4632b5bc47ab510560f6/views/id-d846cfb116984ad98ab6b5f6aa0635ea.html" scrolling="no"></iframe>

I guess it might be possible to write a jArchi script to do that...
If you value and use Archi, please consider making a donation!
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

DuncanWilliam

Thanks Phil, thats works fine for my usage.