Save model as Template from jArchi

Started by Maaku2000, June 01, 2021, 18:24:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maaku2000

I'd like to automate saving a model as a template so that I could keep a template up to date with changes from a reference list of apps.

I haven't been able to find how to programmatically save a model file as a template.  Is that possible with jArchi or some other CLI command?

Thanks!

Mark

Phil Beauvoir

Hi Mark,

there's no way to do this either with the CLI or with jArchi, I'm afraid. The code would have to be greatly refactored to support this, so won't be implemented right now.

Phil
If you value and use Archi, please consider making a donation!
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

Maaku2000

Well, that's disappointing. :-X

Thanks for the prompt reply, though.

Mark

Jean-Baptiste Sarrodie

Hi,

Depending on your exact need, you might also decide not to use templates but instead have a model that you import in empty models. That's one more step but this might have the advantage (depending on your use-case) to make it possible to later merge all models and have your reference list of app to be unique and not duplicated (creating a model from a template change ids of each concepts while importing a model keeps ids intact).

Another option is to create the template yourself in jArchi. If you create one an look at it, you'll see that its a zip file containing the model, (optional) thumbnails, and a manifest file.

Regards,

JB
If you value and use Archi, please consider making a donation!
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.