Archi Report Translation

Started by semrola, February 10, 2016, 07:39:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

semrola

Hello!
I am wondering if there is a way to include folder 'templates' in 'com.archimate.reports' in a translation for my language (as a plugin)? It includes a folder 'i18n' with 'en.css' where are strings that need to be translated. I tried different things but none of them works. Any idea?

Thanks

EDIT: Do I just edit the 'en.css' file (or add my own and change the path in 'i18n.css') and export the deployable plugin?

Phil Beauvoir

Hi,

In this case you will need to translate the actual contents and replace it with the translated version.

Phil
If you value and use Archi, please consider making a donation!
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

Jean-Baptiste Sarrodie

Hi,

Current version of report doesn't support internationalization but has been created with such feature in mind.

So the easiest way is to actually edit en.css and adapt it to your needs.

Another option (not really useful asof today) would be to:

• create a new .css file for your language
  • import this new language .css file from i18n.css
  • change html tag frame.stg and modelreport.stg (st folder) to have a lang=xx according to your new language

In addition (not related to language) the whole generation is done through StringTemplate engine, so you basicaly can change any part of the report.

Regards,

JB
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

majiro

Hi,

I'm interested in internationalization in Archi and I have found this thread.

I'm going to prepare Japanese resources ( for UI, first of all ) but could we discuss how I can contribute them.

BR
Jiro

Phil Beauvoir

Quote from: majiro on July 26, 2021, 08:29:38 AM
Hi,

I'm interested in internationalization in Archi and I have found this thread.

I'm going to prepare Japanese resources for UI but could we discuss how I can contribute them.

BR
Jiro

Hi, the information for translation is here:

https://github.com/archimatetool/archi/wiki/Translating-Archi

There are people who have translated Archi who would be best to consult on this. If you search this forum and the issues tracker (https://github.com/archimatetool/archi/issues) you can see how they managed it.

Please not that a translation pack should be maintained and hosted by the translator, although we can link to it on the Archi website.

Phil

majiro

Hi Phil,

Thanks a lot and I will check Wiki info that you suggested first.

BR
Jiro