Model Tree search on property values

Started by Manj75, July 02, 2021, 13:54:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jean-Baptiste Sarrodie

Hi Eric,

Quote from: eric.vdv on March 09, 2022, 09:35:25 AMMy environment (if you want to reproduce) is the following :
[...]
- Plugins: nothing esoteric (only standard official plugins: jArchi, coArchi)

Can you check if you have the "Refresh remote model status in the background" enabled in the "Collaboration" preference pane ? If yes, can you disable it and see if the issue persists ?

Regards,

JB
If you value and use Archi, please consider making a donation!
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

Eric Vendeville

Hi Jean-Baptiste,

Thanks for your answer.
Unfortunately, this option is not activated in my preferences (checkbox is unchecked).

Regards,
Eric.

Phil Beauvoir

Eric, I tried your instructions but I can't reproduce it. It's very strange that you are seeing a background refresh in the tree.
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

Phil Beauvoir

Update: it just happened to me.

Eclipse is updating the workbench state in a background thread and this is where the drill-down is reset. I'll see if this can be fixed...

Phil Beauvoir

Thanks for reporting this, Eric. This will be fixed in the next version.

Eric Vendeville

Great news ! Thank you very much Phil !  :D

Phil Beauvoir

Until the fix is released, here's a workaround:

- Close Archi

- Edit (create it if it doesn't exist) this file:

<user_home>\AppData\Roaming\Archi4\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.core.runtime\.settings\org.eclipse.ui.workbench.prefs

- Add this to the file:

WORKBENCH_SAVE_INTERVAL=0

(0 = never, default is 5, and represents minutes)

Eric Vendeville

I just tried your tip / workaround this morning : it works fine and solve the problem ! thanks !