CSV Import (Load and Sync) Font issues

Started by bigyin, September 05, 2022, 11:50:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigyin

When loading MSaccess -> .XLS - > CSV using JBs Load and Sync script, getting a few errors based on fonts
1) actor names have accents, (which does not display correctly, and more important
2) invalid XML chars (unicode oxb) which are not visible giving a java runtime exception on save, meaning no way to save model

I expect that the hidden char might be something like shift enter, but is not visible so can be anywhere in CSV (and frequently is ..)

As this becomes part of a updating workflow, going through manually is not really and option.

Any ideas on best way to address this.

Phil Beauvoir

Hi Matt,

the CSV file has to be in UTF-8 format, that should take care of the accents. As for the 0Xb chars, I think you'll have to sanitise those. Archi's CSV importer uses the Apache CSV Parser so we have no control of the characters that are read in from the file in the input stream.

Phil
If you value and use Archi, please consider making a donation!
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

Jean-Baptiste Sarrodie

Hi,

As Phil said, the CSV file has to be in UTF-8 (for both the internal Archi CSV import feature and my jArchi script).

Oxb char is the BOM header which is irrelevant for UTF-8. Make sure that you file has been converted to UTF-8 and save it without BOM.

Regards,

JB
If you value and use Archi, please consider making a donation!
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.