Script documentation

Started by Nick, November 02, 2022, 09:08:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick

Hello, I am currently working on some scripts with the jArchi plugin and I wonder if there is a way to show some documentation about specific scripts directly in Archi before running the scripts ?
If not, maybe this could be a decent addition to clarify the purposes of the scripts before running these, through the Hints section or when the cursor hovers the name of the script instead of having the path to the script.

Phil Beauvoir

Interesting idea but might have a cost if each script had to be loaded to get the documentation text. Unless there was some lightweight metadata stored somewhere.
If you value and use Archi, please consider making a donation!
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

Thomas Rohde

We have created an Eclipse dialogue as a single entry into the centrally available script library.

demolibrary.png

This script, and all the referenced scripts in the library, can be placed on a server somewhere, and only a single "load" statement needs to be distributed along with the Archi software.

This gist is the main script library engine.

Jean-Baptiste Sarrodie

Hi,

Quote from: Thomas Rohde on November 03, 2022, 05:44:35 AMWe have created an Eclipse dialogue as a single entry into the centrally available script library.

That's exactly what I was looking for.

Thank you !

Regards,

JB
If you value and use Archi, please consider making a donation!
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

Nick

Quote from: Thomas Rohde on November 03, 2022, 05:44:35 AMWe have created an Eclipse dialogue as a single entry into the centrally available script library.

Thank you for sharing this ! This will definitely be very useful  ;)