Copy/Paste Appearances?

Started by Alberto, January 18, 2023, 15:22:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alberto

As my diagrams are getting more and more widely distributed, I'm finding myself adding more and more notes to elements to clarify intent for an audience not familiar with Archimate. One thing that I really appreciate about Archi is the non-Archimate elements that can be added to the Views (Note, Grouping, Connection) so I can bridge the communication gap without messing up with the model with unnecessary objects. 

One thing is that seems to be missing however, is the ability to standardize or reutilize appearances.  I'd love to copy/paste the appearance of one object to another object of the same kind so I don't have to set the appearance after the object is created. Also, I can't seem to be able to copy/paste Connections at all- I understand the limitation there, which is why I think Copy/Paste appearances comes in handy.

I know one workaround is able to select multiple lines and change the appearance collectively, which is nice, but copy/paste would also be convenient thing to have available. 

Phil Beauvoir

And you're using the Format Painter in the palette to copy and paste visual attributes?
If you value and use Archi, please consider making a donation!
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

Alberto

Phil Beauvoir

If you value and use Archi, please consider making a donation!
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.