Export / View as Image creates oversized images

Started by MikaelT, March 09, 2023, 11:46:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikaelT

I have an issue that I'm not able to get good quality View as Image exports out of Archi v4.10.0. This is what the view looks like in Archi:

But when I right-click the view and choose Export -> View as Image (PNG) and set scale as 100%, the result output image file is a bit distorted, kind of like something you would get when pixel resizing with microsoft paint:

I tried to play with the scaling setting, but regardless of values I tried, 75, 100, etc. I was not able to get a quality output. What are we missing here?

Phil Beauvoir

What resolution and scaling is your monitor? If you are using scaling > 100% you can try setting the preference in Preferences -> General -> "Export images at double scale".
If you value and use Archi, please consider making a donation!
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

MikaelT

Quote from: Phil Beauvoir on March 09, 2023, 11:51:10 AMWhat resolution and scaling is your monitor? If you are using scaling > 100% you can try setting the preference in Preferences -> General -> "Export images at double scale".

Oh well -  the root cause was the reverse: it seems that checkbox was selected even though I'm not using a high-resolution monitor. Unchecking it resolved the issue. I have no recollection of checking that box but most likely have done so. Thanks for supersonic response time.