Invisible underscores

Started by Hyac, April 19, 2023, 18:11:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hyac

Hi,

I'd like to have underscores like "some_name" visible in the names of my diagram components but
they don't appear. Is it bug or feature?

Regards.

Phil Beauvoir

Hi, underscores are showing for me in the Models Tree and on diagrams. Are you doing anything different? Windows. Mac, Linux? Any different fonts?
If you value and use Archi, please consider making a donation!
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

Hyac

I've just noticed that if the text is broken between lines (i.e. it doesn't fit into block width) the underscore appears. Otherwise it remains invisible.
And in the "Properties" tab in the Main->Name edit box it is always invisible.
When I type underscores in the Label->Label expression text box it is visible there, but not on the diagram.

Phil Beauvoir

Please provide more information about your system - Mac, Windows, Linux? Which versions? Which version of Archi? Any Archi plug-ins installed? Any unusual settings to do with fonts, language? Screen resolution?
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

Hyac

Archi version 5.0.2, downloaded today.
System: Ubuntu 20.04.5 LTS
Resolution: 1920x1080
No plugins, no non-standard settings.

Phil Beauvoir

I think this is something to do with Ubuntu and certain fonts not working with Eclipse (Archi is built on Eclipse). If you Google/Search "eclipse invisible underscore" you'll see this is a known issue and people suggest changing the system font. There's nothing I can do about that in Archi.

Hyac

Indeed, increasing font size by one solved the problem. Thank you for the support.