[Share] Archi usage tips during day to day modeling work

Started by Xiaoqi, May 01, 2023, 15:09:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xiaoqi

Hi all,

During daily modeling work and while hands-on documenting ArchiSurance in Archi, I've tried to record some of found tips and now gathered into this short video list:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL6DEHvciXKeUyiBoUZBXu2NcbLrNrMjdk, would like to share with you and hope to save some time while you're doing your own modeling.

Will also try to keep those list expanded with new found tips, feel free to let me know your comments and hope we together to make Archi usage more effectively.

Thanks greatly for Phil and JB for the in-time help.

Regards, Xiaoqi

Phil Beauvoir

Hi Xiaoqi,

thanks for sharing these videos, very useful!

Regards,

Phil
If you value and use Archi, please consider making a donation!
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

Xiaoqi

Hi Phil,

Thanks greatly for your encouragement and all of the help to me and our team when adopting Archi tool, I must say you (and JB) are running our forum here making it with top level on response & problem fixing effeciency!

From my first recorded video on ArchiSurance case study till now, one month passed so fast, today I'm glad to share that I've completed all of the views modeling, here Archi Tool Modeling Practice - ArchiSurance is the full list, with total 44 videos.

Archi modeling is one exciting learning journey, when reading this ArchiSurance again (last time was some years ago already when preparing the ArchiMate exam), it really teaches you more if you do the hands-on modeling piece-by-piece. Practice is the only way for anyone to learn one new language, that's same to ArchiMate, and our Archi tool creates one comfortable & no-gapping environment for you to "speak" this language with the author of the case study.

I do hope to share this with you, while you are watching, the most important thing is you open the Archi and do modeling yourself at the sametime. After every phase, I also added one video to show the summarized modeling pattern from the views in that phase. Know that's not the complete pattern but just use this way to making one level abstraction, you can use that as one basis for making other models.

After every video / video, I've saved the Archi model into one snapshot file, you can visit the Github repository on ArchiSurance_Practice to get all of those snapshot models separately. That will help you start your modeling from any of the views in this case study, which already includes the elements/relationships done in previous views in accumulated manner.

During this learning, I also document some tips and investigations, which putting together in the Videos List on Archi Tool Tips, feel free to check that as well. (This is kept adding new findings if any).

This is my first series modeling practice captured in video, I believe there're numbers of mistakes or some areas can be done in more effective way, really hope to get your comments and suggestions, and moving forward, I'd like to keep adding more practices on our tool platform.

Thanks for all of your experience and supporting!
Xiaoqi

Phil Beauvoir

Hi Xiaoqi,

many thanks to you for creating and sharing these videos, they are very helpful. I tweeted the link on Twitter.

Regards,

Phil
If you value and use Archi, please consider making a donation!
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

Xiaoqi

Thanks Phil, it's my honor to get chance to learn and share ;-)