Refresh View Automaticaly

Started by PHD, January 25, 2016, 15:50:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PHD

Hi,

First of all i thank you for the work done on Archi.
The software is simple to use and the resuling IT views have a great looking.

I have on question about the views that could be automaticaly generated.

Is there a way to automaticaly update views when for example a new link or a new linked object is added in another view ?

Best Regards,
Philippe

Phil Beauvoir

Hi Philippe.

I'm not sure what you are saying here. Do you mean that if you add an element to a View it gets added to another view? If so, that is not how it works, because the user might no want it added there. Unless you mean something else?
If you value and use Archi, please consider making a donation!
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

PHD

Hi Phil,

The problem we have is, if a project manager add a new flow between two application during is project and we have a view that reflect the flows in another manner or layout, how to update this primer view to reflect automaticaly the new flow that was added ?

A view could be generated automaticaly by Archi and reflect all the links that exist at the time of the view was created but is there a way to refresh the view without changing the layout to collect all new flows that were added after ?

Best Regards,
Philippe

Jean-Baptiste Sarrodie

Hi,

I guess what you are looking for is something very similar to the way Sparx EA works: each new relation is reflected on all views where it can be shown.

But this is not at all the logic in Archi and IMHO this is a very good choice because otherwise, some slight changes made by someone would impact the (potentially huge) work done by others.

So in your case, this has to be solved through process: make it clear that if someone add a new relation, then he alsso have to update other view. And for this one can use the Analysis tab of the Properties panel.

Regards,

JB
If you value and use Archi, please consider making a donation!
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.