Export - View in a view

Started by Johan2, March 07, 2016, 09:37:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johan2

If we Export a model, can a View in a View be made clickable, instead of first selecting "Elements" and than clicking the view.

Jean-Baptiste Sarrodie

Hi,

That's technically feasible but not implemented yet.

Regards,

JB
If you value and use Archi, please consider making a donation!
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

Johan2

Any prognoses on when it will be released?

Jean-Baptiste Sarrodie

Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

Johan2

Is the end of the Archi adventure final, or can we change this? I will donate and will ask my organisation to donate as well. Is there an easy way organisations can donate? And is there a way they can get an invoice?

Jean-Baptiste Sarrodie

Hi,

Quote from: Johan2 on March 15, 2016, 06:50:44 AM
Is the end of the Archi adventure final, or can we change this? I will donate and will ask my organisation to donate as well. Is there an easy way organisations can donate? And is there a way they can get an invoice?

For sure we don't want this adventure to end. I'm trying to change this as I can, and yes, there are some ways you can help too. Of course, personal donation will help Phil to sustain a little bit more but "corporate" donation could change the game.

To be honest, I think that at least two things should be done:

• Have several companies decide to co-fund the work needed to rewrite Archi for ArchiMate 3.0. Maybe some platform like Patreon could help.
  • Have lots of users write (short) testimonials to explain in which context they use it (size of their team...), for which company...

Any ideas are welcome.

Regards,

JB

Johan2

Would it help if we create somekind of sharefolders method, so people can invest in shares?
So we can bring Archi to the market, because we have to possible futures:
* Archi will become obsolete
* Archi will conquer the market and then you need some organization structure to manage it all. You then have compete with other EA applications, like Aris and BiZZdesign.

A lot of organizations who profit from EA tools have millions and a lot have even billions of dollars, so let them pay.
Money is not bad, only the bad things you can do with money.

Jean-Baptiste Sarrodie

Hi,

Quote from: Johan2 on March 23, 2016, 08:46:22 AM
Would it help if we create somekind of sharefolders method, so people can invest in shares?
So we can bring Archi to the market, because we have to possible futures:
* Archi will become obsolete
* Archi will conquer the market and then you need some organization structure to manage it all. You then have compete with other EA applications, like Aris and BiZZdesign.

I think it could be a solution, and that's why I spoked about Patreon. It allows some community funding but based on reccuring donations instead of oneoff. We could define some typical amount and associated "priviledges" (ability to vote for new features, free access to some paid plugins...).

The only issue would certainly be that most companies need some kind of proper "support contact" and can't really donate without clearly defined deliverables...

BTW, the goal is not to "conquer the market" (this could only be a side effect) but to offer the best EA tool ever made (and ArchiMate modelling is only on aspect of it).

Regards,

JB

Phil Beauvoir

Things are being done to take Archi forward; there is movement. However, action is slow right now because of politics and aligning different organisations' aims and needs. "Archi" is a strong and ubiquitous brand with potential to sastify all stakeholders - free, open source, commercial - and it is a good basis for possible future services and tools.

BTW - this is interesting - https://lukasa.co.uk/2015/08/Funding_OSS/ - you know, some very big organisations use Archi without even so much as a "thank you" ;-)

Phil

Jean-Baptiste Sarrodie

Hi,

This makes me think that it could be interresting to create a post where everyone could provide a kind of testimonial, and where we could also add some known and public usage of Archi (for example the European Interoperability Reference Architecture).

I think I'm gonna start this topic myself to be able to update first post when needed ;-)

Regards,

JB

Johan2

Great! You have my support!

My suggestion:
* If you want to work by yourself with Archi, thats free.
* If you want to work with a team with Archi, the team (organization) has to pay.