Author Topic: [Question] Junction: omit arrowheads of relationships leading into a junction  (Read 231 times)

xiaoqi

• Today is the Tomorrow we talked about Yesterday
Hello,

During reading Mastering ArchiMate book, a question pop up on View 26 "Collaboration through the use of Junction".

In Gerben's view, the junction is used linking 2 incoming Assignment and 1 outgoing Assignment, the "into" relation is drawn without arrowheads.

Checked with Gerben, he pointed to ArchiMate 3.1 Specification, section 5.5.1, as: "It is allowed to omit arrowheads of
relationships leading into a junction."

However, as attached file, when I try to redraw that in Archi tool, I cannot let the incoming arrowheads omit.

Gerben mentioned this would be some kinds of delta of our tool to the specification, shall I understand from forum here on the reason why we make this difference? Or is there any setting I didn't find to make it align with specification?

Thanks,
Xiaoqi

Jean-Baptiste Sarrodie

• Global Moderator
  • Archi Evangelist and Contributor. Visionary.
    • About me...
Hi,

This alternative notation is simply not implemented in Archi (btw this is not a mandatory requirement of ArchiMate).

Regards,

JB
If you value and use Archi please consider making a donation! https://www.archimatetool.com/donate

Phil Beauvoir

• Archi Guy
  • Archi Guy
    • Archi
Hi,

This alternative notation is simply not implemented in Archi (btw this is not a mandatory requirement of ArchiMate).

Regards,

JB

Indeed, but I think it should be possible to implement it in a future version of Archi as an option for connections going into junctions.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2021, 20:09:46 PM by Phil Beauvoir »
If you value and use Archi please consider making a donation! https://www.archimatetool.com/donate

xiaoqi

• Today is the Tomorrow we talked about Yesterday
Thanks JB and Phil for your clarification, good to know that requirement is not mandatory (just cannot see from the text directly in Speciofication, like 5.5.1 paragraph).

It would be nice to have this feature in future version, however, I think it's fine for now since the only impact is the "cleaner" view since the backend relation are still there and those are more important.

Regards,
Xiaoqi