Keyboard Combination to place an object on another object without any nesting

Started by rvelter, May 18, 2021, 16:58:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rvelter

Hi,

Is there a way to place an object on another without any nesting (no relations and no shape "truncating") ?

Best regards

Phil Beauvoir

There's no particular key combination, but if you are trying to place an object in front of another this might help:

https://forum.archimatetool.com/index.php?topic=993.0
If you value and use Archi, please consider making a donation!
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

rvelter

Thanks for the answer.

Unfortunately, i have a big container between the two object so "in the middle of the two objects" means that it is nested in another (the big one). That tips doesn't help.

I'll try to move/place the objects by jscript.

Phil Beauvoir

I'm able to place one object on top of another by overlapping and then resizing the edges as required.
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

Jean-Baptiste Sarrodie

Hi,

@Phil: I do agree that it is possible to achieve it by resizing an object, but having a way to disable nesting by pressing a key while moving an object would be helpful in some occasions. Don't know if that's possible at all though.

Regards,

JB

Phil Beauvoir

@JB - all of the functionality of containers and child objects is deep inside GEF and its Edit Policies. Not easy to figure out. :-)